I created a monster

Old April 9th 04, 12:06 AM
MaryL

Default I created a monster

"O J" wrote in message
Hi All,

Some of you may remember that I wrote of my little Persian, Roxy,
who was kept in a garage when she was a kitten and didn't know how to
play when she got here. Lately, she's been getting a lot snuggier and
also a lot more open about asking for what she wants. To amuse her, I
began dragging a string behind me as I walked around the house as a
'tail' that she could chase. It rapidly became her favorite game.

Now, flipping a string towards her, making it disappear around
the edge of a piece of furniture, or wrapping it around her with a
circular motion isn't enough for her. Now, she wants daddy to get up
from the computer and play 'chase the tail' with her. She's gotten
used to getting her way. Does anyone know of a way to 'untrain' a cat
or break a bad habit? Oh well, at least I'm getting more exercise.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Awwww, but now you have a cat that loves you! One thing that might help is
to get one of the little toys on a "fishing pole." That way, you could flip
it occasionally or angle it from your chair while you work at the computer.
(But I must admit that Holly walks back and forth across the keyboard and
then sits on my wrist and the mouse at every opportunity ... there seems to
be something about computers that encourage our cats to demand attention.)
You might also try one of the "turbo scratcher" toys. Cats love them, and
you could place it on the floor beside you to encourage Roxy to play with it
while you compute. (I bought mine at WalMart, but you can see a picture of
one he http://www.worldpetstore.com/worldpe...tturscrat.html)

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Old April 9th 04, 05:02 AM
Jo Firey

"O J" wrote in message
Hi All, She's gotten
used to getting her way.
Regards and Purrs,
O J

This isn't just a cat. It's a female cat. She's a Persian cat. It's her
birthright to get her own way.

Jo