Bitty purrs needed

Old June 9th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Bitty purrs needed

Hi all

Can we have some purrs for a bitty? (Silly question)

I was shopping yesterday and there's a little shop that sells
jewellery, orlaments, ethnic bags and such like (I have never quite
understood this- we are in the middle of Stratford here, we are
talking a very straight and sensible area and not only does this
little shop survive but for years now the place has boasted the
"Mystical Head Shop", which sells "legal" smoking mixtures, bongs,
scales, grinders etc as well as incense (and very nice it is too) and
a nice line in postcards and tobacco tins with messages like "I like
the Pope, the Pope smokes dope"")

Anyway this shop has these most amazing cat figurines, don't know
where they came from, but they're unglazed clay and hand painted with
all sorts of patterns and yes, just the thing I need to brighten up my
dull office, (I reckon you spend so much time in the place it needs a
little homely touch) so even through they aren't too cheap I decided I
would buy one (and one next month?)

So I got talking to the woman who runs the place and she has 8 cats.
Was 7 until about 5 weeks ago when she saw this poor little pregnant
stray cat and this pregnant stray cat saw her coming (and thought
"Sucker"), apparently she opened the door after a few days of putting
food out and the cat walked in, inspected the house and decided this
would do nicely. So she let her have her 3 kittens and as soon as they
are weaned she will be spayed and be cat number 8. The woman already
has good homes with a friend of hers for 2 of the kittens lined up and
has decided kitten 3, will the 9th member of the clowder,

She had picked for herself the kitten who walked (waddled) first but
then she came home Wednesday to find the kitten was a swollen belly
and dragging her back legs. She immediately rushed her to the vets and
the vets can find nothing wrong and could only suggest that mama may
have sat on her,

By Thursday her swollen tummy had gone down but she's still dragging
her back legs although she's not in any pain, eating, drinking etc
normally for her age and moving about pretty well so obviously her
legs aren't hurting her. She can be picked up and doesn't mind having
her back touched

The woman says she won't have her put down just like that but she's
worried as she's never seen anything like this

So a few purrs for the bitty to pull through appreciated

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 9th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:
snip
The woman says she won't have her put down just like that but she's
worried as she's never seen anything like this

So a few purrs for the bitty to pull through appreciated

Purrs on the way for the bitty, (must stop thinking about Little Britain) as
its so young it stands a good chance of a full recovery.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 9th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, poor little bitty. We will purr and pray that she will
get back to normal soon.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 9th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 9, 10:34 am, Lesley wrote:
[...]

We are purring for the bitty to recover and also purring that she can
find a loving and understanding hoomin who will care for her and give
her a forever home, even if she is still dragging her legs. It sounds
like a condition she could live with for years and only hoomin
observers would doubt that she isn't purrfectly, or nearly purrfectly,
ok with it. She would need extra care, of course.

Will in New Haven

--

June 1957 - June 2007 celebrating fifty years with marijuana and women

Old June 9th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 9 Jun, 08:52, Will in New Haven
wrote:

We are purring for the bitty to recover and also purring that she can
find a loving and understanding hoomin who will care for her and give
her a forever home,

The woman had already decided to keep the bitty before this happened
and now she says that so long as the bitty is not in pain even if she
does need special care, she will have a forever home. (she did say "
I've named her now" with the look that says she knows the saying "If
you name her, she's yours")

June 1957 - June 2007 celebrating fifty years with marijuana and women-

I'm starting the party now! Everyone seems to be hitting 50 this year!
Must have been a great year, so you're 50 this month, Vanda at work is
50 next month, Helena my line manager is 50 in August, someone else
(can't think who offhand) is 50 in October, I hit the big 5-0 in
November and my friend Hugh hits it in January!!!!

Of course I can't celebrate 50 years of women....

Old June 9th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

wrote:

We are purring for the bitty to recover and also purring that she can
find a loving and understanding hoomin who will care for her and give
her a forever home,

The woman had already decided to keep the bitty before this happened
and now she says that so long as the bitty is not in pain even if she
does need special care, she will have a forever home. (she did say "
I've named her now" with the look that says she knows the saying "If
you name her, she's yours")

That's wonderful. I do hope the bitty can get a chance to run and jump
but she will, in either case, be able to cuddle, to lie in a pool of
sunlight, and to play with yarn. It isn't a bad gig.

June 1957 - June 2007 celebrating fifty years with marijuana and women-

I'm starting the party now! Everyone seems to be hitting 50 this year!
Must have been a great year, so you're 50 this month, Vanda at work is
50 next month, Helena my line manager is 50 in August, someone else
(can't think who offhand) is 50 in October, I hit the big 5-0 in
November and my friend Hugh hits it in January!!!!

Of course I can't celebrate 50 years of women....

I was sixty-two this past April. June 1957 was a different milestone.

Will in New Haven

Old June 9th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all

Can we have some purrs for a bitty? (Silly question)

Lots of purrs, although I have to say I don't like the sound of it. My
guess would be spinal injury.

Tweed

Old June 9th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 9 Jun, 10:30, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Lots of purrs, although I have to say I don't like the sound of it. My
guess would be spinal injury.

Me too but the bitty isn't apparently in pain and is getting about
albeit dragging back legs at the moment. If she was in any pain surely
she wouldn't be moving much?

Old June 9th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all

Can we have some purrs for a bitty? (Silly question)

Lots of purrs, although I have to say I don't like the sound of it. My
guess would be spinal injury.

Plus, with the swollen tummy, a worming might me in order.

Tweed

Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM
Purrs needed W. Leong Cat anecdotes 2 June 23rd 05 04:49 PM
More purrs needed KellyH Cat anecdotes 59 September 18th 04 11:56 AM
Purrs Needed Yowie Cat anecdotes 26 September 5th 04 04:48 AM