Central Florida pet lovers

Old April 16th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Central Florida pet lovers

April 16, 2006

Dear Friends:
On Saturday April 22 I will be walking with hundreds of animal lovers
in the 2006 Pets on Parade walkathon benefiting the SPCA of Polk
County.
My personal fundraising goal is $500.00, (the average goal for each
walker is to raise a minimum of $250.00).
I would appreciate any support that you could give me for this vital
cause.
The SPCA is in critical need of donations to care for more than 15,000
abused, neglected, and unwanted animals that
will enter their shelter and spay/neuter clinic this year. I ask you to
consider a gift of $15.00 or more to provide live-saving food, shelter
and medical care.
More than 200 animals wait at the SPCA every day for a meal, a blanket,
a toy, a treat, a walk, a hug, and a special person to take them home
forever. Each will be vaccinated and spayed or neutered. Many will be
treated for respiratory disease, heartworms or broken bones. Sadly, the
number of SPCA can aid, alter and adopt is determined
by the dollars they receive. Their staff has the commitment and the
expertise, but they need your financial support. They cannot do it
alone!
Please show you care by mailing your tax-deductible Pets on Parade
donation to me at the following address:
855 Candyce Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33815
by April 20, 2006:
(Checks should be made payable to SPCA, Inc., a non-profit 501(c)3
organization.)
Thank you for considering my request. If you have any questions about
the walk or the work of the SPCA, please
don't hesitate to contact me or Pets on Parade Chairman Mary
Stephens at (863) 646-6403 or
.
On behalf of the SPCA shelter animals and everyone in our community who
will adopt a pet or receive spay/neuter
assistance in 2006 because of your support, I thank you for your
generosity and compassion.
Sincerely,
Jennifer Phillips
http://www.lovemyspca.com