Chronicles of the Ghost Shippe I

Old May 29th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Chronicles of the Ghost Shippe I

The Visionary
(modelled on The Visionary/Silent is the House by Emily Bronte)

Silent is the shippe: all are laid to rest:
One alone looks out o'er the sea-waves deep,
Watching every cloud, awaiting every blast
That whirls the wildering water, and bends the groaning mast.

Cheerful is his heart, soft the tuxie fur;
Every shivering gust creeping through the boards;
The little eyes burn straight, their rays shoot strong and far:
I use them well, to be the ghost cats' guiding-star.

Frown, my haughty sire! chide, my angry dame!
Set your slaves to spy; threaten me with shame:
But neither sire nor dame, nor prying serf shall know,
What ghost cat nightly tracks the shippe’s most frozen prow.

What I hove shall come like visitant of air,
Safe in secret power from lurking human snare;
What I need, no word of mine shall e'er betray,
Though for faith unstained my life has forfeit paid

Burn, then, yellow eyes; glimmer straight and clear--
Hush! a rustling wing stirs, methinks, the air:
They for whom I wait, thus ever come to me;
Ghost Power! I trust thy might; trust thou my constancy.

To be continued

Old May 30th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Marina wrote:
[...]

Wonderful start, Marina. More, please.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe