Cats fighting or 'mating' ?? longish - need crossed fingers andpurrs

Old April 12th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cats fighting or 'mating' ?? longish - need crossed fingers andpurrs

I've told the story of maMA, found last summer, pg, got her spayed, she then
brought a litter of 5 out of hiding. Homes for 4, kept Loki, the boy.

maMA spends as much time in as out. She comes in, curls up on a box by the puter
or on our bed and isn't heard from the rest of the day. URLs for pix of all are
in my sig.

When Bruver (her firstborn, orange, about 11mos) comes home from his wanderings
I'll put her out and she and he sleep in the little Petmate house I have for
them on the bench on the porch. You can see it here on the Petco website. It's
really sturdy.
(http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.as...010&enemerch=1

This morning at 1:30 when I put her out (I'd kept her in cause it was
windy/rainy and Bruver wasn't out there),everything was fine.

When I got up at 7:30, however, the little house was on the ground in front of
the bench, opening down! maMA was sitting by the front door just waiting to be
let in the house. She didn't seem upset at all. I don't know what I thought had
happened to the little house, but thought, hmm, if Bruver's in there, this is
the perfect time to grab him and get him neutered. Since I've never been able to
get him to come to me and trapping didn't work, thought it was worth a shot. HAH!

As I was carefully turning it (still on it's open end) so that I could get it
near the wall, the strongest smell of urine was emitting from the house. Didn't
know when this had happened, so didn't know how long he'd been in there.

Then this REALLY, REALLY, LOUD, ANGRY, HISS, CRY, SNARL, came out, and I
thought, no, not gonna try and trap him this morning. I tilted the house and
out he tumbled, not happy. But then, lo and behold, out comes this other cat
(don't know male or female, but it comes and steals the food I put out for maMA
and Bruver. IT took off also.

I'm praying the other cat is a boy and that maybe he decided to try out the
house, maybe Bruver took exception, and a fight ensued that resulted in the
house falling down.

The other option I'm afraid of. If other cat is a girl, how rambunctious does
cat sex get? Could they have knocked it off that way? I don't want any more
kittens around here. I'm trying to deal with Bruver, tame him, neuter him, let
him go or send him to a feral colony shelter near here.

Right now I need purrs that the other cat is a boy. Guess I'll have to rent
another cat trap.

If hubby says "I told you so" one more time, I'll kill him or myself, don't know
which. Yes I do, I'll kill him - - HE won't take care of the cats!!

--
ShirleyB, Rexie and Loki’s Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
Pictures of "Bruver": http://tinyurl.com/jwvph

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

"Making A way out of no way is sometimes the only way"
Dr. Johnetta B. Cole

Old April 12th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sometimes a male can't get it thru their head they don't want to mate and it
can be a drop down dragged out fight. Also a male can get over stimulated
and actually hurt the female when he has her by the back of the neck no
female will stand for it so he will usually get his butt whooped after
wards.

Old April 12th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-11, ShirleyB penned:

Right now I need purrs that the other cat is a boy. Guess I'll have
to rent another cat trap.

I don't know have any info, but I can ask Oscar to purr for you.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 15th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:13:37 -0700, ShirleyB
yodeled:

I've told the story of maMA, found last summer, pg, got her spayed, she then
brought a litter of 5 out of hiding. Homes for 4, kept Loki, the boy.

Cat mating can be a pretty moody and noisy business. Cat's penises
are barbed to stimulate ovulation, and the act of mating often hurts
the female. Female cats don't feel like cuddling with their mates
after mating-- they usually want them to just f*** off. SO female
cats often turn on the male immediately after mating and chase them
away with bops and a few choice words. But those don't usually turn
into real fights.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 15th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

Cat mating can be a pretty moody and noisy business. Cat's penises
are barbed to stimulate ovulation, and the act of mating often hurts
the female. Female cats don't feel like cuddling with their mates
after mating-- they usually want them to just f*** off.

Yeah, that's one thing I don't want to come back as in my next life -
a female cat. Unless I'm spayed and treated like a princess, of course.

Joyce