Molly is hurting

Old April 24th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Molly is hurting

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
My poor little girl. Yesterday my grandson pointed out that she had a
sore or wound on her lower lip. She spent almost all day napping on the
foot of my bed. I there napping too, so wasn't sure if she was feeling
bad or just keeping me company. I'd guess a little of both. The flame
point who is supposed to live across the street now has been pretty pushy
so I'm guessing her lip got into the middle of one of their stand-offs.

So when my daughter was here last night, I help Molly and she checked out
the lip. Its an abscess. She was able to drain it and we medicated it.
But Molly says that hurt a lot. Poor thing is so borderline with loving
us that I hate to put her through that.

My daughter said it really doesn't look too bad. We'll clean it again
tonight and then it should be OK. Meantime, Molly hasn't been as
comfortable with me today. But she has rubbed against my feet a few
times. I know an abscess usually stops hurting once its drained, but
draining it hurt a lot, so I'm not so sure she will give us credit for
making it better.

Meantime I've got to get Charlie to stop encouraging the cat formerly
known as Balls to hang out over here. 'His' people are usually at work
and he likes company as well as the kibble in our garage.

Jo

Purrs for her abscess to heal quickly - it usually feels *MUCH* better as
soon as it drains, so she may connect that with your helping her.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 24th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:47:57 -0700, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

[...]

purrs for Molly's lip on the way

Meantime I've got to get Charlie to stop encouraging the cat formerly known
as Balls to hang out over here. 'His' people are usually at work and he
likes company as well as the kibble in our garage.

good luck on the. Frank is over here so much that everyone but his
people think he's my cat (or I'm his person).
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old April 24th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

I sure hope she at least doesn't hold it against me. I held her while she
was being treated. And I'm good at that. I know how to get a grip where
they can't squirm without hurting them. But I know she hated being
confined that way almost as much as she hated getting her face worked on.

Now Steven tells me she smells bad, so there may well be a trip to the vet
in this yet.

I can't tell because I'm really congested myself with bronchitis and I
don't want to do a vet run. But of course whatever they need, and
sometimes what they don't.

Jo

Old April 24th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
. ..

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, it probably would be a good idea to see the vet is there is a smell.
That's how I found out that under all her long hair Bandit had gangrenous
skin from the burns she got at the vet. A bad smell is never a good sign.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 27th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Poor Molly. Purrs that she is feeling better soon (or by now, since I'm
posting late).

lol -- "Balls". Now *that's* a name for a cat!

Ginger-lyn
Old April 27th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jo Firey wrote:
My poor little girl. Yesterday my grandson pointed out that she had a sore
or wound on her lower lip. She spent almost all day napping on the foot of
my bed. I there napping too, so wasn't sure if she was feeling bad or just
keeping me company. I'd guess a little of both. The flame point who is
supposed to live across the street now has been pretty pushy so I'm
guessing her lip got into the middle of one of their stand-offs.

So when my daughter was here last night, I help Molly and she checked out
the lip. Its an abscess. She was able to drain it and we medicated it.
But Molly says that hurt a lot. snip

Lots and lots of healing purrs for Molly,
Polonca and Soncek
Old April 28th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Molly is hurting Follow Up

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
My poor little girl. Yesterday my grandson pointed out that she had a
sore or wound on her lower lip. She spent almost all day napping on the
foot of my bed. I there napping too, so wasn't sure if she was feeling
bad or just keeping me company. I'd guess a little of both. The flame
point who is supposed to live across the street now has been pretty
pushy so I'm guessing her lip got into the middle of one of their
stand-offs.

So when my daughter was here last night, I help Molly and she checked
out the lip. Its an abscess. She was able to drain it and we medicated
it. But Molly says that hurt a lot. snip

Lots and lots of healing purrs for Molly,
Polonca and Soncek

It been nearly a week and Molly's abscess appears to be all better. It was
in an awkward spot, kind of where a fang wanted to rub against it.

But I still have to pay veterinary dues this week. Kayla is up for her
heartworm test and a new pill supply.

Jo