Nanki-purrs, please?

Old May 19th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Nanki-purrs, please?

Thank you, CatNipped. As I've said above, I know where he is now, but I'll
be glad when he comes home, so I can see for myself how he is.

--
Joy

Constant change is here to stay.

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Purrs coming in full measure.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Joy" wrote in message
I'm worried about Nanki-Poo again. He spent almost all day yesterday
outside in the 100+ degree heat instead of coming in where it was cool.
He did come in for dinner, and later for treats, but I haven't seen him
since last night. He did leave a calling card on the mat in the garage,
just outside the kitchen door. I'm sure it is his, because it looked
just like the rodent remains he deposited on my hall carpet a few days
ago.

He has had some sores on his neck as a result of his radiation. He hates
to have me put salve on them, or even look at his neck. That might be
one reason he's making himself scarce.

I wish he'd show up so I'd know for sure he's okay. I'm also concerned
because I'm supposed to take him back to the oncologist for a follow-up
visit on Wednesday, and I can't take him if I can't find him.

Purrs for his neck to heal, and for him to go back to spending a lot of
time in the house, would be appreciated.

Old May 19th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

Thanks. I finally went to check with the neighbors. I live on the corner,
and by hopping a couple of fences, he's been known to get into the yard of
some people on the street behind me. The people there are funny. There are
two signs on the front door that say "Welcome" and two that say "No
solicitors". When you knock, either they don't answer, or the man asks who
it is without opening the door. He did open the door after I told him who I
was. He said Nanki-Poo has spent the entire day in his back yard. I would
like to have seen him for myself, but he didn't offer that. At least I know
he's okay.

I think it would have been perfectly reasonable to ask to see your cat,
without being offered. But maybe you just didn't feel comfortable doing
that, and this guy didn't exactly make it easy, I guess! But if you had
really wanted to see him, I think it would have been fine for you to
ask. I'm glad Nanki's OK!

Smudge loves to sleep on my neighbor's back deck. Now that I've had
a chat with the neighbor and have determined that she is a sensible
person who loves animals (she has two birds), I feel fine about Smudge
making that deck her second home, if she likes. It makes a difference
to me, knowing that the person whose home she's at is trustworthy.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old May 20th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"kilikini" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
[...]

Purrs are on their way. I hate this for you and mostly for him. :-(

kili

Thank you, kili. Yes, I hate it mostly for him, too. At least the
radiation treatments are over.

One thing that could be good or bad, depending on how you look at it, is
that I'm leaving Friday for 2 1/2 weeks in Alaska. I hate to leave him, but
he's reached the point where he stays away or out of sight most of the time,
and he ran away from me this evening. Maybe he'll be glad to see me when I
come home.

Joy

Old May 20th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

Joy wrote:
[...]

Of course sweetie, MAJOR PURRS for Nanki-Poo to get his little butt home and
be safe and for his neck to heal. I am so sorry you're going through this
Hug
Kyla

Old May 20th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Joy wrote:
[...]

Purrs for all of the above are on the way.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old May 20th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Joy wrote:

Purrs for his neck to heal, and for him to go back to spending a lot of time
in the house, would be appreciated.

Lots of purrs on the way.

Old May 20th 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Kyla =^. .^=" wrote in message
. ..
Joy wrote:
[...]

Thank you, Kyla. He finally did come home, and actually spent some time on
my bed. He's disappeared again, but I'm sure he'll be in for his bedtime
treats. I feel much better about him than I did.

Hugs,

Joy

Old May 20th 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Sam" wrote in message
diainc...
Joy wrote:
[...]

Thank you, Sam. He finally did show up.

Joy

Old May 20th 08, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Marina" wrote in message
Joy wrote:

Purrs for his neck to heal, and for him to go back to spending a lot of
time in the house, would be appreciated.

Lots of purrs on the way.

Thank you, Marina. The purrs are working. He came in a little while before
dinner and stayed in for two or three hours afterward before he disappeared
again. I'm sure the purrs will take care of the rest, too.

Joy

Old May 20th 08, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Joy wrote:

Thank you, Marina. The purrs are working. He came in a little while
before dinner and stayed in for two or three hours afterward before
he disappeared again. I'm sure the purrs will take care of the rest,
too.

So glad he put in an appearance. We'll be concentrating our purrs to
Wednesday.

Nanki-Poo: not good Joy Cat anecdotes 70 April 1st 08 05:41 AM
Purrs for Nanki-Poo Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 19 March 27th 08 09:36 PM
Purrs for Nanki-Poo please Joy Cat anecdotes 21 March 19th 08 09:49 PM
Nanki Poo David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 6 February 28th 08 04:33 AM
Nanki-Poo Yoj Cat anecdotes 15 August 31st 05 08:48 AM