horrible yowling outside

Old May 26th 12, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default horrible yowling outside

Like a cat fight. I was fairly sure Boyfie was in, as he was an hour ago,
but it's hot and the door is open.
I rushed out to make sure it was not him. It was.
He does not like to fight, and he came hurtling in when I opened the front
door, as it was happening on the front. He rarely goes out on "the front"
which is where the road is.
Anyway he must have done, and somecat jumped on him. He's a bit shocked.
I tell him always to go out the back where there are nice acres to roam in.
Never go out the front, although a car an hour would be unlikely.

I don't know if he's been bitten by this cat, or even if the fight was his
fault.
I want to say it isn't his fault, but who knows if they are enemies in what
is my garden and what is his its nothing to do with our boundaries.

Old May 26th 12, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

Like a cat fight. I was fairly sure Boyfie was in, as he was an hour ago,
but it's hot and the door is open.
I rushed out to make sure it was not him. It was.
He does not like to fight, and he came hurtling in when I opened the front
door, as it was happening on the front. He rarely goes out on "the front"
which is where the road is.
Anyway he must have done, and somecat jumped on him. He's a bit shocked.
I tell him always to go out the back where there are nice acres to roam in.
Never go out the front, although a car an hour would be unlikely.

I don't know if he's been bitten by this cat, or even if the fight was his
fault.
I want to say it isn't his fault, but who knows if they are enemies in what
is my garden and what is his its nothing to do with our boundaries.

I hope he's OK! Will he let you check him over for bites?

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.
Old May 26th 12, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Yes, probably, I will wait until tomorrow. He's gone to his bedroom and I
will leave him there. He is not a fighter and he is shocked, let him sleep
to get over it.
He's like me. We want a quiet life.

Old May 27th 12, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

A preventative dose might be in order. Claw marks might not be easy to detect and abcess can take a while to develop. By-the-way, that is what "dirty old tom cats" do (the kind you were wishing for) -- they fight other males for domina

nce

Old May 27th 12, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

tweed i am probably too late for this, but one of the advantages of checking
sooner rather than later is often you can feel the other cat's spit and then
you know where to watch the closest, i didn't check the time on this thread
but for future reference check a s soon as you can before he washes up if
possible, Lee

Old May 27th 12, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

If Boyfie was a ordinary confident cat, I would have done, but I know him so
well. When he has had a fright like that he is so scared that he will not
even trust *me*, who he really loves and I cannot get near him, he is in a
panic and just runs from me so it's best to leave him alone until he has
calmed down. He seemed fine this morning but when I tried to check him over
when he was lying on his duvet in his bedroom he ran from me. That's because
contact has to be on his own terms and more to the point, I try to let his
bedroom be his refuge and the only time I have disturbed him there is when
he has to go to to TED for his yearly jabs. Little does he know I just had
a card in the post to say it's time for them again..

Tweed

Old May 27th 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

My wish for a dirty old tom cat, as you call them, was only because I would
like to transform the d o t's life. He'd be neutered and would have a happy
life here. Anyone can adopt a cute kitten. It does not make a difference
to a sad life if you adopt a perfect cat.
The fact that I wished for a dirty old tom did not make one come here and
fight Boyfriend. It could have been any cat, neutered or not. It could
have been a fierce girlcat like KFC!

Tweed

Old May 27th 12, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

I will, but it was probably just a skirmish with no injuries inflicted.
Now had it been Kitty Farmcat, the other cat would have been rushing home
with a certain abscess to come, probably several. Although she was really
tiny, 4lbs or so, no cat in the neighbourhood could stand up to her when she
was in her heyday. That's why I was surprised when she brought Boyfriend
here.
She fought like a demon. Any cat, no matter how much bigger. I told the tale
on here before about the black cat that bullied Boyfriend, The Enemy. He
had the temerity to come into the house to continue his persecution. Bad
move.
She rose from her bed by the fire (she was quite elderly at the time) chased
him up the walls and then outside and gave him the hiding of his life.
He never came back.

Tweed

Old May 27th 12, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 05/27/2012 09:02 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Yes, Christina, I have been the caretaker of innumerable cats in my life. They have all been adoptees or strays or

ferals. I have seen horrible abcesses among the ferals. We also lost
our ginger tom to an bad abcess that would not heal. This was before
antibiotics.

I like to think I did make a positive change in the life of the cats.
Sadly, I learned that you can't save them all. At one time a stray tom
sneaked into the house and snatched a newborn kitten from its mother.
She fought it like a tiger. The kitten, however died, but she did save
the rest.

yowling cat stopped yowling yepp Cat anecdotes 4 August 22nd 06 10:38 PM
yowling cat yepp Cat health & behaviour 0 June 24th 06 09:36 PM
Yowling? Yowie Cat anecdotes 20 December 2nd 05 11:41 PM
Yowling? Yowie Cat anecdotes 4 December 2nd 05 11:34 PM
tried everything for Yowling Ensoul100 Cat health & behaviour 33 September 22nd 03 06:13 AM