Hurt cat

Old July 7th 03, 03:27 PM
LeeAnne

Default Hurt cat

Q: Any advice?

A: Keep your cat indoors and this (or worse) won't happen to the cat

"J. Orr" wrote in message
Hi everyone...
Just wanted some advice from anyone who has ever had their cat hurt their
leg and had to be put in a splint... My 5 yr. old cat, Simba, hurt his

leg
somehow last night. When I woke up at 6:15, he was not home...he goes out
at night. I went outside and started calling for him and heard a dreadful
meow coming from my neighbors backyard. I looked over the fence and he

was
there and wasn't moving...I got him and he was having a hard time even
standing. Brought him to the vet and they did x-rays and said he had torn
his ligaments and put a splint on his rear left leg. They're going to

call
me tomorrow and let me know what they think they should do...another vet

is
looking at the x-rays. Meanwhile, he's been very sleepy today and is
getting around pretty good. He hasn't eaten that much today and hasn't

gone
to the litter box yet. Any advice?? Thanks so much....
Jenny

Old July 7th 03, 09:29 PM
J. Orr

i like cats indoors and outdoors and so does he...
may not work for you....

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
Q: Any advice?

A: Keep your cat indoors and this (or worse) won't happen to the cat

Old July 8th 03, 04:18 PM
LeeAnne

Nope, it doesn't because I love my cat and have respect for my neighbors. I
don't want him to be attacked by anything he cannot defend himself from
(dogs, coyotes, cars, other cats), nor do I wish dead animal presents to be
presented to me by him -- I'll take the fur mouse any day.

I'm not saying you don't love your cat BTW - but you may be ****ing off your
neighbors if/when kitty is on their cat, digging up gardens to do his biz,
etc.

Old July 12th 03, 04:39 AM
Tammy Daane

I had a cat that had to be in a cast for a month when he had his back leg
broken at 6 weeks. You need to keep them inside until they are healed.
Maybe move the box and food and water to a certain place in your house so
the cat can get access to it without having to walk to far.

"J. Orr" wrote in message
Look here, I don't want to get into a debate with you...why can't you

accept
that people have different views? I love my cat and have respect for my
neighbors, too. By the way, my cat has never brought me a "dead animal
present"...and he comes in to use the litter box...he's a great cat...had
cats all my life who were perfectly content going in and out and lived for
20 YEARS!! Didn't shorten their lives and LOVED going outside...can you
imagine never going outside to get fresh air, breezes, etc? You seem

happy
with your indoor cat and that's fine...doesn't matter to me...I'm happy

with
my outdoor/indoor cat...shouldn't matter to you...
Peace..