Antarctic Expedition

Old August 1st 17, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

Default Antarctic Expedition

Ok, sos it souns like we need to take a trip to da Antarctic to check
up on the kitty colony there, and to evaluate it as a possible Jellicle
Ball site. We can't directly 'port there, as we don't have da
corrdinates. But I haf access to all of Harri Roadcat's aircraft, and
haf learned to fly most of dem.

So how many wants to go along?

Old August 1st 17, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

I will go.

Does yurown aircrafz haz da speshul Antartik upgradez? I knowz dat hoomin aircrafz haz trubble flyin to Antartika kuz of awl da kold tempercherz.

Rebecca
Old August 1st 17, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

On 2017-08-01 16:15:07 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

I will go.

Does yurown aircrafz haz da speshul Antartik upgradez? I knowz dat
hoomin aircrafz haz trubble flyin to Antartika kuz of awl da kold
tempercherz.

Rebecca

Yep. I'z been trhough all of Harri Roadcat's notes, and da bigger
catacopters all is arctic/antarctic equipped. Efurryfing is made from
metal formulated to stand up da cold, and special lubricants fur da
cold, and furry efficient heaters for da cockpit an cabin. An a special
navigation system dat works well even near da Poles.

FtF

Old August 2nd 17, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Fur ennee kitteez innerestid, here iz sum info abowt da broked ice shelf in Antartika: https://sputniknews.com/environment/...berg/Antartika

Francesca, maybe dat will hewp wif yurown flite plan. Oh, an da artikle sez dat rite now itz dark awl day in Antartika, so I will hab flashlitez an lanternz delibbered to da plane befur we takez off.

Rebecca
Old August 2nd 17, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

On 2017-08-02 05:14:35 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

Fur ennee kitteez innerestid, here iz sum info abowt da broked ice
shelf in Antartika:
https://sputniknews.com/environment/...berg/Antartika

Francesca, maybe dat will hewp wif yurown flite plan. Oh, an da artikle
sez dat rite now itz dark awl day in Antartika, so I will hab
flashlitez an lanternz delibbered to da plane befur we takez off.

Rebecca

Eggzelent! Fangu.

FtF

Old August 4th 17, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

On 2017-08-02 05:14:35 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

Fur ennee kitteez innerestid, here iz sum info abowt da broked ice
shelf in Antartika:
https://sputniknews.com/environment/...berg/Antartika

Francesca, maybe dat will hewp wif yurown flite plan. Oh, an da artikle
sez dat rite now itz dark awl day in Antartika, so I will hab
flashlitez an lanternz delibbered to da plane befur we takez off.

Rebecca

Eggzelent! Fangu.

FtF

[Francesca quietly disappears. Nothing much happens for a while, then a
noise can be heard approaching. A distant humming sound, accompanied by
a soft "thwap, thwap, thwap" noise. Moments later a very large chopper
appears. It find a clear space to land and settles gently to the
ground. As the engine stops and the rotors coast to a stop, the side
doors slide open. Francesca steps out wearing a pilot's helmet,
followed by Ranger. Aed and Morgana approach cautiously.]

Aed: What kind of catacopter is dis? Why is it so big?

Morgana: An what is it used for?

FtF: Dis is a Katkorski KatterHauler. Iz da biggest caticopter dat
Katkorski makes, an dis one has a bunch of special features designed by
da late Harri Roadcat. First, you prolly noticed dat it isn't furry
loud.Da engine and rotors are special designed for quietude. An take a
look inside.

[Francesca leads them inside the craft.]

See deze seats? Dey's specially designed fur kitties. You can sit in it
like a hoomin seat. Or you can press dis button (paw shaped, of course)
and da seat back retracts, leaving you wif a nice comfy kitty basket.
An dis one is made special fur arctic work. When da seat is in basket
position, if it gets really cold in da cabin (like if da catacopter
doors are open), you press dis yellow button on da edge of da seat, and

[Francesa pushes the button. The retracted seat back reappears, rises a
little bit then folds forward, making a roof over the cat basket. Once
the roof is in place, a transparent shield extends from what had been
the top of the seat back and folds down, forming a completely enclosed
kitty space.]

An da seat is temperature controlled. It has a cooler an a heater in
it, to keep da occupant comfy at all times.

Aed: Wow! That is very cool! But with all of these special kitty seats,
running cooling or heating for all of those seats must use an awful lot
of power. If the engine isn't running, how long can the seats continue
to heat or cool?

FtF: Dat's one of da coolest parts! Come back here, to da back of da
cargo area.

[Francesca leads them through the spacious cargo hold, back to a closet
set into a side wall. She pops open a maintenace hatch, revealing a
gleaming silver donut-shaped device with a steel access hatch over the
middle.]

Dis is a special fuel cell designed by Miss Amelia. I dun't know why it
never went into full production - it's furry useful. DIs fuel cell runs
on hairballs, and a single hairball can keep all da seats fully powered
for a week. Give it a dozen hairballs and it could run a small city fur
a munth! Even a hoomin city. Even a city wif goggies.

Old August 4th 17, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

[Rebecca has joined the group]

Hihi, Francesca. Aed, Morgana, gud to see yurownselvez agin.

Francesca, dis is amazin! We shud ask da RPCCers to save dereown hareballz to hewp power da caticopter. Maybe we kan gib efurrykittee da 'porter kordinitz to da fyool cell, an dey kan 'port hareballz dere direckly -- after givvin dere hoominz a chance to step on dem, uv korse.

Rebecca
Old August 4th 17, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Francesca the Fierce

Old August 5th 17, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

On 2017-08-02 05:14:35 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

Fur ennee kitteez innerestid, here iz sum info abowt da broked
ice shelf in Antartika:
https://sputniknews.com/environment/...89-nasa-new-im
ages-larsen-c-iceberg/Antartika Francesca, maybe dat will hewp
[...]

{Iowna, Daisy-chan and Cash arrive}

Iowna turns to Cash and asks what hairballs are. Cash looks at
Daisy-chan and grins then tells Iowna, something we don't seem to have
our local kittah generate in the form of furballs. I think I saw one
once... Mostly we all just make loose fur. Maybe it can be balled up?
If so, we'z got enough to knit a 50lb ball probably...

Old August 5th 17, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Hareballz iz furz dat kitteez hurkz up. Yoo purrobly alreddy knowz dat kitteez groomz dere furz by likkin. In da process, we swallowz sum furz. If we swallowz too much, den sumtimez we haz to hurk dem bak up, an dey kumz up wif da varyuss flooidz frum owrown stummickz. Dere muss be sumfing in dat combinashun dat can power dat fyool cell.

We apurrsheate dat d*ggiez mite wat to hewp, but I fingk we kitteez haz dis mor dan cuvvered!

Rebecca