Does Tiger have a problem???

Old July 19th 12, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Does Tiger have a problem??? UPDATE

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I took Tiger to the vet this afternoon. He is NOT constipated but does
have a bladder infection. He got an antibiotic shot and I am supposed
to get a pill into him twice a day. I'll try to hide it in his food but
I'm not confident this will work.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

***

I have a strong suspicion it won't work at all, unless you grind it up and
mix it with the food. Good luck!

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

Old July 20th 12, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

---MIKE--- wrote:

I took Tiger to the vet this afternoon. He is NOT constipated but does
have a bladder infection. He got an antibiotic shot and I am supposed
to get a pill into him twice a day. I'll try to hide it in his food but
I'm not confident this will work.

Have you tried Pill Pockets? One of my cats will practically swallow
those things whole - he doesn't even seem to notice there's a pill in
there. Which is good, because I couldn't imagine trying to pill that
cat!

At least antibiotics are temporary. Hope he gets better soon!

--
Joyce

The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
-- Paula Poundstone
Old July 20th 12, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I took Tiger to the vet this afternoon. He is NOT constipated but does
have a bladder infection. He got an antibiotic shot and I am supposed
to get a pill into him twice a day. I'll try to hide it in his food but
I'm not confident this will work.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Greenies (brand) Pill Pockets can help. After a while Tiger may figure out
it's not just a treat but it's a start

Jill

Old July 20th 12, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

---MIKE--- wrote:
I took Tiger to the vet this afternoon. He is NOT constipated but does
have a bladder infection. He got an antibiotic shot and I am supposed
to get a pill into him twice a day. I'll try to hide it in his food but
I'm not confident this will work.

---MIKE---

Good luck! Even Patches, who'd been a stray for about three years,
quickly got fussy about food, once he realized that adopting me meant
there was always food available! (When he first came, it was easy -
he'd scarf down anything that appeared in a bowl in front of him.)
Old July 21st 12, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
---MIKE--- wrote:
I took Tiger to the vet this afternoon. He is NOT constipated but does
have a bladder infection. He got an antibiotic shot and I am supposed
to get a pill into him twice a day. I'll try to hide it in his food but
I'm not confident this will work.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

If Tiger likes strong tasting food you could try to hide it (crushed) by
mixing it in sardines or pilchards in tomato sauce from a can, or if he
likes cheese, wrap in in small lump of cheese.

Good luck.

Judith

--
Judith Latham

I've tried the cheese bit on cats. They carefully eat off all the cheese
and leave the pill. I had the best luck with liquid medications. It still
wasn't easy, but it was a lot easier than trying to give pills.

Joy

Out Tiger Lucys Mom[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 February 27th 09 11:51 PM
Tiger cub Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 3 March 6th 06 04:42 PM
Why does Tiger do this? ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 4 December 18th 05 03:16 AM
Tiger Balm brings out the Tiger in my cat! badwilson Cat anecdotes 5 June 23rd 05 05:35 AM
Is it a behavioral problem or a genetic problem. Kuisse0002 Cat health & behaviour 18 November 1st 03 01:40 AM