Wonder what was different?

Old June 3rd 18, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Wonder what was different?

Yesterday afternoon a wicked thunderstorm blew through. Dear sweet
Buffy, who has been through two hurricanes with me without flinching,
heard a loud crack of thunder and took off running. She hid under the
dining table. Usually she doesn't even notice storms. I wonder what
was different about this one?

BTW, yesterday was the official start of "hurricane season".

Jill
Old June 3rd 18, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 6/3/2018 7:14 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Yesterday afternoon a wicked thunderstorm blew through.Â* Dear sweet
Buffy, who has been through two hurricanes with me without flinching,
heard a loud crack of thunder and took off running.Â* She hid under the
dining table.Â* Usually she doesn't even notice storms.Â* I wonder what
was different about this one?

BTW, yesterday was the official start of "hurricane season".

Jill

She just wants to keep you guessing.
Old June 8th 18, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/5/2018 7:41 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
Yesterday afternoon a wicked thunderstorm blew through. Dear sweet
Buffy, who has been through two hurricanes with me without flinching,
heard a loud crack of thunder and took off running. She hid under the
dining table. Usually she doesn't even notice storms. I wonder what
was different about this one?

BTW, yesterday was the official start of "hurricane season".

Jill

Maybe it was a sudden crack or it could depend on where their mind is at
the time. Sootie has never been afraid of fireworks, didn't like them but
she wasn't scared then last year she was very nervous of them. She'd been
ok when she'd heard them the last time then next time nervous.

We've had some really good thunderstorms (well for us) in the last week
and she's not bothered and even asks to go out as if nothing is happening.
However, one night at about seven o'clock the lightening and clap of
thunder came at exactly the same time and boy it was loud (thought we'd
been hit but luckily we hadn't) she'd been curled up on the sofa but even
Sootie the Brave shot up onto the floor with a What the Hell was that look.

Judith

As it turned out, a tree across the way that was actually on Dataw (the
gated community golf course) property was broken in half by the storm.
Two hurricanes didn't take them down but a thuderstorm did. Go figure.

I think Buffy might have heard the tree crack across the way. It wass
rather windy and lots of thunder but I did not see any lightning
strikes. The storm was very noisy, but then again the storms that blow
across these seas islands usually are.

I just know Buffy heard that loud crack of thunder! and ran and hid
under the dining room table. To me, it was just another thunderstorm.
I know she's been through worse. For some reason she felt the need to
hide. Poor baby.

There was no power outage or any reason to be afraid.

Jill