OT - another one for the "What were they thinking?" file... this is one to laugh at :)

Old May 20th 05, 10:11 PM
Magic Mood Jeep

Default OT - another one for the "What were they thinking?" file... this is one to laugh at :)

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4513435/detail.html

Boy Climbs Into Toy-Vending Machine, Gets Trapped
Fire Department Frees Child
POSTED: 3:07 pm EST May 20, 2005
ELKHART, Ind. -- A 3-year-old boy upset that his mother wouldn't let him use
a crane vending machine to try to win a small stuffed animal took matters in
his own hands. He climbed up the chute to get the prize himself.
Danielle Manges said she took her eyes off her son, James, for a moment to
pick up a juice bottle he threw. When she looked up, he was in with the
plush toys.
"I bent over to clean it and within two seconds he had climbed through the
hole, into the chute and pushed the door shut so we couldn't get him out,"
she said. "He climbed up in the toys and was in there for a good hour."
Manges said James has been sick and sleeping odd hours so they went shopping
about 3 a.m. Thursday at a Wal-Mart in the city some 15 miles east of South
Bend. She let the boy play on some of the rides, but wouldn't give him money
for the vending machine.
At first, Manges thought it was funny.
"He was playing with all the toys and hanging from the bar like a monkey,"
she said.
Manges said people leaving the store went back inside to buy disposable
cameras to take photos of her son. She bought one herself.
She became upset, however, when Wal-Mart employees said they did not have a
key to let James out. So Manges called the fire department for help.
"I expected his hand to be caught in the machine but it was his entire body
in the machine," firefighter Anthony Coleman said. "He was swinging from a
bar, jumping around. He was having a ball."
About 40 people watched as the firefighters removed the back of the machine
and freed him.
James still came up empty handed.
"He definitely didn't get a toy after that," Manges said.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)

Old May 20th 05, 10:17 PM
Margaret Fine

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

What a handful James must be! :-) At least his Mom did not give him
the toy after all that.

--
Margaret Fine

Old May 21st 05, 01:12 AM
Mark Edwards

[snips]

No cluons were harmed when Magic Mood Jeep! wrote:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4513435/detail.html

Boy Climbs Into Toy-Vending Machine, Gets Trapped
Fire Department Frees Child

And here is a link to one of the pictures his mom took:

http://www.wndu.com/news/pics/pic_42319.jpg

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request
Old May 21st 05, 01:50 AM
Helen Wheels

Mark Edwards wrote:
[snips]

No cluons were harmed when Magic Mood Jeep! wrote:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4513435/detail.html

Boy Climbs Into Toy-Vending Machine, Gets Trapped
Fire Department Frees Child

And here is a link to one of the pictures his mom took:

http://www.wndu.com/news/pics/pic_42319.jpg

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

He DOES look pretty happy in there.