How to clean cat **** out of a carpet...

Old June 28th 05, 04:49 PM

Default How to clean cat **** out of a carpet...

My wife and I broke down and let Fatty in the bedroom since her CRF was
diagnosed...Well, last week, I wake up to hear ****ing next to the bed
- sure enough, Fats was too lazy to go downstairs and use her litter
box, so she decided to let it fly on the carpet next to my side of the
bed.

I sprayed a can of Woolite rug cleaner and Arm and Hammer Pet Fresh
stuff on the carpet, the back of the carpet, and the pad.

IT STILL REEKS OF ****.

How can I get rid of the stink and save the carpet?

Thanks,

Bluesman

Old June 28th 05, 06:13 PM
Elizabeth Blake

wrote in message
oups.com...
My wife and I broke down and let Fatty in the bedroom since her CRF was
diagnosed...Well, last week, I wake up to hear ****ing next to the bed
- sure enough, Fats was too lazy to go downstairs and use her litter
box, so she decided to let it fly on the carpet next to my side of the
bed.

I sprayed a can of Woolite rug cleaner and Arm and Hammer Pet Fresh
stuff on the carpet, the back of the carpet, and the pad.

IT STILL REEKS OF ****.

How can I get rid of the stink and save the carpet?

I woke up last week to my cat ****ing IN my bed, while I was still in it.
Blankets caught most of it but some did seep through to the mattress. I
poured Nature's Miracle on the wet spots and then aimed a fan at it. By the
time I got home from work, it was completely dry. I have used this on the
mattress before, and the first time a lot of urine got through and it took a
couple of days to dry. I put my nose right up to the area that had been
soiled, and I can't smell anything. I'm sure my cats probably can, but to
me there's nothing noticable.

--
Liz

Old June 28th 05, 07:08 PM

Home depot sells a powder called "capture". Dampen the spot, scrub in
the powder, let it dry completely. Vacuum out with an attachment or a
shop vac. Repeat if needed.

If it happens again, dont use detergents, just sop up what you can with
paper towels, then use the capture.

Beth