Harvey is making himself at home.

Old May 24th 05, 07:50 PM
KittyLady

Default Harvey is making himself at home.

Harvey came home with me on Friday as planned, but hid in the closet
nearly all day. Now he is running around making it known that this is
his house. I also think that he may have been an inside/outdoor cat
before his imprisonment in the shelter. He crys for hours on end in the
evenings to go out! He is fixed but I still intend to keep him indoors
24/7. Advise on how to stop this howling would be very much
appreciated.
I do have a cute story to share, Sunday night Harvey was laying in bed
with me, snoozing (he snores too)there was a fly buzzing around on top
of the celing and he heard it. So he sat up looking towards the fly,
staring very hard, next thing I knew, he was still pointing his face in
the direction of the fly, sitting up, Snoring. I laughed so hard at
him I wet myself. My laughing woke him and I swear he rolled his eyes
at me! I see now that Harvey is going to be quite the character.

Skritches,
KittyLady Proud Slave of Sassy (RB) and Harvey

Old May 24th 05, 08:50 PM
Katz

KittyLady wrote:
next thing I knew, he was still pointing his face in
the direction of the fly, sitting up, Snoring. I laughed so hard at
him I wet myself. My laughing woke him and I swear he rolled his eyes
at me! I see now that Harvey is going to be quite the character.

Well, that is TOO funny! My Clyde (RB), and now Daisy, would sometimes
seem to dose off, sitting up. But never w/their head up. LOL

Old May 26th 05, 06:51 AM
jmcquown

KittyLady wrote:
Harvey came home with me on Friday as planned, but hid in the closet
nearly all day. Now he is running around making it known that this is
his house. I also think that he may have been an inside/outdoor cat
before his imprisonment in the shelter. He crys for hours on end in
the evenings to go out! He is fixed but I still intend to keep him
indoors 24/7. Advise on how to stop this howling would be very much
appreciated.

Persia was a fixed female when she came to me, about 2 years old. Took
about a week of keeping her inside with a stern "NO" before she figured out
she couldn't go out. She managed to escape once and had me in a panic for
24 hours. After that I had her chipped and got her an outdoor enclosure
(Kitty Walk) for the patio to satisfy her "I want to go out" desires.

I do have a cute story to share, Sunday night Harvey was laying in
bed with me, snoozing (he snores too)there was a fly buzzing around
on top of the celing and he heard it. So he sat up looking towards
the fly, staring very hard, next thing I knew, he was still pointing
his face in the direction of the fly, sitting up, Snoring. I laughed
so hard at him I wet myself.

He fell asleep looking at the fly?! That's too funny! Persia notices the
tiniest things I don't see until she points them out. Wee little midges,
[my] hair hanging from a sleeve, etc.

My laughing woke him and I swear he
rolled his eyes at me! I see now that Harvey is going to be quite
the character.

Skritches,
KittyLady Proud Slave of Sassy (RB) and Harvey

Yep, he sounds like a character. Have fun with Harvey! Can't wait to see
photos!

Jill
Jill