I can take a hint

Old May 26th 12, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Default I can take a hint

Yesterday I was in the local supermarket buying important stuff (cat
food) and not so important stuff (our food) and I noticed they were
selling "Dreamies" cat treats-heard they were supposed to be good and
not expensive so I just dropped a pouch in the basket. Got home,
unpacked the shopping then had to run because I was going to a funeral
so I left the unopened pouch on the side in the kitchen....
Got back from funeral and was kicking my shoes off when Sarsi came in
holding the unopened pack of "Dreamies" in her mouth and dropped it at
my feet and looked at me as if to say "If I only had opposable thumbs
I'd have opened these hours ago-get on with it!"

They were a massive hit even Bonnie who refuses to eat buscuits was
prepared to make this an exception to prove the rule- after all you
bite through the biscuit to get to the soft centre (or they do I
haven't!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 26th 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Wow! If Bonnie can read, you'll have to be careful about what you leave
lying around. Maybe I'll try some of those for Pickles and Waffles.

They have a kind of funny treat thing going on now. When I first got them,
they were eating Friskies. My vet said they should lose weight, and told me
to give them Iams Weight Control. Once I got them switched over, I had some
Friskies left. I knew they liked them, so I started giving them out as
treats - scattering a few on the kitchen floor if they came out (which they
usually did) while I was fixing a meal, and at bedtime. I've been doing
that for the past three years. Then, a few months ago, the bag of Friskies
contained a small bag of "real" treats. They *really* liked those, so I
started buying them too. However, because they are a lot more expensive
than Friskies, I give out only a small amount at each treat-giving session,
and I'll only give them the "good stuff" if both of them are there.
Sometimes Waffles comes into the kitchen but Pickles doesn't, and I want to
make sure they have an equal chance at them.

They have obviously figured out that they both have to be there to get the
special treats, because a time or two when Waffles has come alone and I've
given her the Friskies, she has gone into the other room, obviously to get
Pickles. The other day, apparently Pickles was miffed at Waffles for some
reason, so she refused to come into the kitchen. Finally, Waffles gave up
and left the room. About a minute later, Pickles came into the kitchen and
asked, "Any treats?" Of course I didn't give her the special ones, but she
was obviously getting even at Waffles for something. He definitely shows
more enthusiasm over them than she does, although she obviously likes them
too.

Joy

Old May 26th 12, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Lesley wrote:

Yesterday I was in the local supermarket buying important stuff (cat
food) and not so important stuff (our food) and I noticed they were
selling "Dreamies" cat treats-heard they were supposed to be good and
not expensive so I just dropped a pouch in the basket. Got home,
unpacked the shopping then had to run because I was going to a funeral
so I left the unopened pouch on the side in the kitchen....
Got back from funeral and was kicking my shoes off when Sarsi came in
holding the unopened pack of "Dreamies" in her mouth and dropped it at
my feet and looked at me as if to say "If I only had opposable thumbs
I'd have opened these hours ago-get on with it!"

I would've loved to see that! That's really cute.

--
Joyce

There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old May 27th 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Yesterday I was in the local supermarket buying important stuff (cat
food) and not so important stuff (our food) and I noticed they were
selling "Dreamies" cat treats-heard they were supposed to be good and
not expensive so I just dropped a pouch in the basket. Got home,
unpacked the shopping then had to run because I was going to a funeral
so I left the unopened pouch on the side in the kitchen....
Got back from funeral and was kicking my shoes off when Sarsi came in
holding the unopened pack of "Dreamies" in her mouth and dropped it at
my feet and looked at me as if to say "If I only had opposable thumbs
I'd have opened these hours ago-get on with it!"

They've been on the same offer in our supermarket for a while too.
Each of our cats seems to prefer a different flavour, except for
Molly who doesn't care, they're ALL wonderful. We currently get
woken up every morning about 6am by a very heavy cat stomping on
our legs, closely followed by a noise that would have been a sound
effect in "The Exorcist" if it had had a demonically possessed cat
in it, and then something furry thumping me on the nose. If I expect
to get back to sleep, the Dreamies had better be forthcoming.

Molly is basically Simon's Cat without the politeness.