Don't know what to purr for

Old August 11th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Don't know what to purr for

We are now down to just Momma cat living outside. She hides most of the
time. But seems to know that early evening in dinner time. She shows up at
the food and water bowls then. Either she is looking a little better or I'm
getting used to how she looks. She is very dark, but not black. More the
color of mink. Of course its also the color a malnourished black cat would
turn.

I hope tonight I can get some advantage on her. I'm sure she has worms as
well as fleas, but they may have to wait.

Charlie tells be the former residents have been back the last few days
looking for her. I really don't know what to think about that. There is
the part of me that thinks they should fry in hell for abandoning these
animals. And the part that is trying to be glad they even want one of them
back.

They have an eight year old daughter. She had been gone most of the summer
but was back just before they moved. And I know she cared about the cat and
kittens. I feel awful for her in this situation. I know she isn't being
much better cared for than the cats were. Social services is already
involved and checks on the family often so there is really nothing to be
done on that front. She has an older brother who is disabled. Whether it
is physical or mental or emotional I don't know.

I probably could catch the cat for them. But I don't know if I want to. If
they get her back she will stay flea ridden and underfed. And will probably
have another litter to make up to the kids for the ones they "lost". As bad
as I feel for the little girl, I don't want to see that happen.

So please, some purrs for the best that this resolves itself in the best was
possible? Jake will purr his heart out too. Molly can't promise. She is
still trying to figure out why Momma cat is allowed to dine alfresco, when
we insist she comes inside to eat.

Jo

Old August 11th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
news
[...]

I have neighbors with 3 cats that sound just like this one. It's really
disgusting, isn't it? My neighbor's female cat is only about 2 years old,
has been pregnant 5, yes 5 times, isn't dewormed or de-fleed, and she's
barely fed - they borrow from me! She got her tail stuck in a door and it
rotted and fell off, still no vet visit. The ASPCA has already been called
on them and they went to court, but nothing became of it. It literally
makes me sick. All my cats are indoors, they get their Advantage, they have
food and water at all times, I clean the litterboxes daily........ heck, and
we're a low-income family! We manage. Is it that people just don't care?
Why take on a darling, loving creature if you don't care? I don't get it.
I really don't get it.

Purrs that something good can arise from this situation.

kili

kili

Old August 11th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Karen" wrote in message
Personally, I'd trap the cat and hide it from them. Seriously.

That is MY intention. I just feel bad about the little girl. She is a
nice, if rather pushy, kid. She deserves so much better than life is
dishing out for her. But I really don't see how another litter of neglected
kittens will help her much. Personally figure it is better for her to blame
me for getting rid of the kittens and traping the cat, than to blame her
family. She has to live with them.

However what I want to do and what the neighborhood as a committee will
allow aren't always the same thing. And my spouse has a big mouth. He
tells anyone anything. (The animal control officer does not want to hear
about anything that breaks the law, even if she agrees in theory)

Right now I'd settle for getting some Advantage on Momma. Particularly
before I take her to the shelter in my car.

After as close as I got to her last night I may be able to do tonight. And
my grandson may be able to catch her for me. Funny how her family can't.

Jo

news

Old August 11th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-11, Jo Firey penned:

So please, some purrs for the best that this resolves itself in the
best was possible? Jake will purr his heart out too. Molly can't
promise. She is still trying to figure out why Momma cat is allowed
to dine alfresco, when we insist she comes inside to eat.

Purrs for everything to work out for the best, whatever that might
mean.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 11th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The Polish-Kraut

[...]

I do not think they need the cat back especially if social services is
involved. If they left it once already what is to stop them from
abandoning it again ?? And if they are being investigated for their
children why should they be trusted with an animal ??

If anything I would try to get it and take it to a shelter.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Old August 11th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Fri 11 Aug 2006 11:23:15a, Jo Firey wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
(news
So please, some purrs for the best that this resolves itself in
the best was possible? Jake will purr his heart out too. Molly
can't promise. She is still trying to figure out why Momma cat
is allowed to dine alfresco, when we insist she comes inside to
eat.

I feel very sorry for the kids in these situations but I agree with
you. The little girls parents aren't setting a good example of
respecting life. Purrs for the innocents, and kudos to you for
stepping in to help those who can't help themself.

--
Cheryl

Old August 12th 06, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie_Snowshoe

Jo,

Purrs that Momma cat is given a chance to have the best home possible
for her and purrs for the children of this family as well. Hugs and
headbutts to you and Charlie for caring so much.

Julie, Rusty, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus
(In loving memory of Selena)