need a mouser

Old May 24th 05, 04:47 AM
Glitter Ninja

Default need a mouser

Hey all. I'm currently living in mom's house and a few weeks ago we
noticed mouse doots in the sink. We cleaned up really well and put all
the food away, and a couple of days ago I started living there. I've
always washed the dishes just moments after using them, and put food in
the fridge or in a tight pantry, but yippee, the mouse is back.
Surprised the heck out of me, too. Ugly, nasty critter.
Mom's cat was unfortunately declawed, so I don't know if I want to bring
him back to deter mice. What would you recommend for a mouser, or is
using a cat as mouse deterrent a bad idea?

Stacia

Old May 24th 05, 12:03 PM
Lesley

Hiya Stacia

All I can say is our downstairs neighbours have a chronic mouse problem
and we don't. When pest control came round we told him we had installed
"Orcs" (Organic Rodent Control Systems) and he said we wouldn't have a
mouse problem with two young healthy cats in the house.

We've sometimes heard rustling behind the skirting board by the toilet
and Redunzel often sits there until she falls asleep, we say she's
"doing a mousewatch"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous (and death to all mousies if they can get them)
Furballs

Old May 24th 05, 12:35 PM
Alex

"Glitter Ninja" wrote in message
Hey all. I'm currently living in mom's house and a few weeks ago we
noticed mouse doots in the sink. We cleaned up really well and put all
the food away, and a couple of days ago I started living there. I've
always washed the dishes just moments after using them, and put food in
the fridge or in a tight pantry, but yippee, the mouse is back.
Surprised the heck out of me, too. Ugly, nasty critter.
Mom's cat was unfortunately declawed, so I don't know if I want to bring
him back to deter mice. What would you recommend for a mouser, or is
using a cat as mouse deterrent a bad idea?

To try to prevent rodent entry, block any entry points into your living
quarters, e.g. where pipes enter the kitchen through floorboards, usually
under your sink Block any holes there and elsewhere solidly with wire wool.

Old May 24th 05, 09:07 PM
beeboo

There are more effective ways of getting rid of mice other than using a
cat. Our cat brings in at least 3 mice a day to play with. We wouldn't
have a problem with mice if we didnt have our kitty.

Beeboo