COMCAST GETTING RID OF NEWSGROUPS :/

Old October 3rd 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

Default COMCAST GETTING RID OF NEWSGROUPS :/

I got this in my e-mail today..my pooter is acting crazy so this might
appear twice

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer:

As of October 25, 2008, the complimentary Comcast Newsgroups service,
powered by Giganews, will be discontinued. This feature provided customers
access to 2 gigabytes of newsgroup information on a monthly basis. After
this date, these customers will no longer be able to access the Comcast
Newsgroups service through Comcast. Customers who have subscribed directly
to Giganews for newsgroup access will not be affected by this change.

While we have seen a decline in popularity of newsgroups as customers have
chosen to get information from other sources, we know a small percentage of
our customers continue to use newsgroups today. If you are interested in
continuing to access newsgroups, Giganews is offering a special promotion
for Comcast customers. Click here to learn more.

Thank you for being a valued customer.

Comcast Cable

Frequently Asked Questions
Does Comcast offer a newsgroups service?
Will I continue to be able to access newsgroups once Comcast discontinues
Comcast Newsgroups?

So, if anyone in the USA wants a holiday card from me, please send me an
e-mail to

or

Hugs
Kyla

Old October 3rd 08, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
I got this in my e-mail today..my pooter is acting crazy so this might
appear twice

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer:

snip

You don't need to repeat this and you certainly don't need to shout in the
subject line.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 3rd 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Adrian wrote:
Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
I got this in my e-mail today..my pooter is acting crazy so this
might appear twice

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer:

snip

You don't need to repeat this and you certainly don't need to shout
in the subject line.

And didn't we have this Comcast discussion a month ago?

Jill

Old October 3rd 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Just me

"Granby" wrote in message
I wondered if this was something new, or, if it was just making the rounds
again.

The posting ID should have been a good indication as to whether it was new &
useful or not x

Old October 3rd 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It came to me through some other post. The senders sometimes get run
together and, with my vision problem, can't really read the Blue headers.

Old October 3rd 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
I got this in my e-mail today..my pooter is acting crazy so this
might appear twice

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer:
snip

You don't need to repeat this and you certainly don't need to shout
in the subject line.

And didn't we have this Comcast discussion a month ago?

Jill

Wondering if the capital letters make your eyes hurt? MLB
Old October 3rd 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
I got this in my e-mail today..my pooter is acting crazy so this
might appear twice

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer:
snip

You don't need to repeat this and you certainly don't need to shout
in the subject line.

And didn't we have this Comcast discussion a month ago?

Jill

Wondering if the capital letters make your eyes hurt? MLB

Hopefully we'll be seeing less of it when comcast pulls the plug.
Old October 3rd 08, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Oct 3, 7:51*am, "Just me" wrote:
"Granby" wrote in message

I wondered if this was something new, or, if it was just making the rounds
again.

The posting ID should have been a good indication as to whether it was new &
useful or not x

So you had to infest another newsgroup just to say that, in your
worthless opinion, someone _else's_ concerns aren't important. This
wasn't crossposted originally, so what are you doing here?

--
Will in New Haven
Old October 3rd 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Kyla =^. .^= wrote:
I got this in my e-mail today..my pooter is acting crazy so this
might appear twice

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Customer:
snip

You don't need to repeat this and you certainly don't need to shout
in the subject line.

And didn't we have this Comcast discussion a month ago?

Jill

Wondering if the capital letters make your eyes hurt? *MLB

Hopefully we'll be seeing less of it when comcast pulls the plug.- Hide quoted text -

Or when your owner has you PTS for mange?

--
Will in New Haven

COMCAST GETTING RID OF NEWSGROUPS Kyla =^. .^=[_2_] Cat community 5 October 4th 08 04:38 PM
COMCAST GETTING RID OF NEWSGROUPS Kyla =^. .^=[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 October 3rd 08 03:00 AM
1: Cat Newsgroups David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 42 February 15th 07 07:58 AM
Newsgroups Bev Cat anecdotes 4 August 3rd 06 09:27 AM
Newsgroups GraceCat Cat anecdotes 5 November 28th 03 10:31 PM