does the ear size relate to adult size?

Old July 17th 03, 04:47 AM
neters

Default does the ear size relate to adult size?

my bf took opie to the vet today for his wheezing and booster shots. well,
he didn't get his boosters and got sent home with antibiotics. our vet
determined he has an upper respiratory *virus* which is causing congestion.
she feels that he is so skinny because he can't really smell his food. she
didn't refer to it as an upper respiratory infection. needless to say, he
will be on the meds for 10 days, at which point we are to call our vet. if
he is done wheezing we will get the boosters, if not we will continue to
remedy the loud eating/breathing/snoring issue. oh, my question, before i
forget. haha. my bf said one of the women at the vet hospital - he supposes
she was like a nurse (not the actual vet) - comment on how large opie's ears
are and said "wow! look at those ears! he's going to be a big cat!" i can't
find anything on the net... do the ears prove to be a trusty sign how a cats
adult size? i mean, he does have big ears, but of course he's all skin and
bone right now. perhaps if he was fatter his ears wouldn't look as big.
enough of my rambling, thanks for reading!

Old July 18th 03, 06:16 PM
Mogie

I have a cat who ears look like small satellite dishes. He is not a big cat
and never grew into those ears. But they add to his personality.

Have another cat with very small ears that is a very big boy now. It might
be an indicator of furture size but I've found if it is it not always
accurate.