More Progress

Old October 27th 04, 04:33 AM
Singh

Default More Progress

Odessa has decided she can now trust the house not to let her go or
swallow her up, and has worked up the nerve to start exploring. And boy,
can she explore! Whoever posted that the one thing a black cat does best
is not be seen was so right! We'd try to get her up to eat and hunt
everywhere, scratching our heads and wondering why we hear her little
bell, why did she sound like she was under the floor or in the walls? We
found her hiding place, among the beams in the basement, and they are
just low enough that we can reach up and take her down.

She will sometimes make us play Chase The Kitty and we run all over the
basement until she picks a spot that looks hidden, yet she is in plain
sight. Then she'll allow us to pick her up and carry her upstairs. This
one thing is disturbing; what if our little Tsarina expects to be
carried to her food all the time, the spoiled brat?

Odessa's becoming more talkative and more adventurous, now coming up
voluntarily from the basement to explore. She was in the can when I came
out of the shower this morning, and came into the bedroom several times
during the night. She still draws back if we try to pet her with a hand
coming straight on, and seems to prefer being approached from the side,
and will dart if there is movement, especially if one of us is standing.
Still, I'm glad she's coming out of her shell, even if she does make us
carry her to dinner.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old October 27th 04, 03:15 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:33:26 -0400, Singh
yodeled:
She still draws back if we try to pet her with a hand
coming straight on, and seems to prefer being approached from the side,

His Most Serenest Goofiness *still* shrinks back from a hand
approaching him head on. That's the only vestige of whatever hell he
escaped from, and has hung on after 13 years. EVery other symptom,
such as gobbling his food, and trying to steal everything that wasn't
nailed down, disappeared in time.
With that tiny exception, he can be touched just about anywhere and he
craves, nay demands the contact. As you all know, he is just the
sweetest, big ol' silly slobberoo goofball, a purring lovebug
nonpareil. I just don't pet him head on, and sometimes have to tell
people not to try it.

Seems like you are making real progress with Odessa. And if she
*never* lets you pet her head on, she can still be a happy kitty, and
you can still be happy slaves.

Theresa

Old October 27th 04, 04:33 PM
Enfilade

Still, I'm glad she's coming out of her shell, even if she does make us
carry her to dinner.

Hey, at least she's letting you pick her up....and obviously seeking
interaction with you by insisting on this pre-dinner ritual

--Fil

Old October 27th 04, 07:23 PM
Bob M

Singh wrote:

[...]

My Psycho has to sniff anyone's hand before they can pet her. Even mine
after 13 years. After she sniffs then all is well and even let's anyone
rub her tummy. Maybe Odessa needs to sniff your hand too.

Bob