WE MET!!!!

Old November 23rd 03, 03:04 AM
Tanada

Default WE MET!!!!

I don't know yet if I got my version in first, but Richard (Alphonse),
Lisa Loque, Rob, and I got together at a mall near the areas where Lisa
and Richard's friends live. We didn't have a lot of time, and it went
way too fast, but we had a great time. Steve G. was supposed to join
us, but he got stuck in traffic and chickened out, the stinker. We're
going to meet him some how, some day.

The first thing Rob said when we met Lisa and Richard is "I'm Pam and
this is Rob (pointing at me)." We all laughed and broke the ice. We
were all wearing cat t-shirts of some kind. Both Lisa and Rob had their
RPCA shirts, which made finding each other a snap.

We chatted for a while then moved to the food court to eat and chat some
more. Richard is wonderful, funny, and very witty. Lisa is a total
love. I wish she'd post in here as she is so charming and sweet. You'd
all adore her. We compared notes about our cats, and told stories about
their activities. Lisa was way too quiet, but the rest of us made up
for her.

Rob and I had arrived early, so we'd window shopped until time to meet,
so we just HAD to show Richard and Lisa the cat stuff we found at one of
the garden booths. Rob wants to get me a set of ceramic wind chimes.
They're hand made and hand painted. Rob said to tell you that they're
very beautiful. I asked him if he meant the chimes or Lisa. He said
the chimes, though Lisa is also quite pretty, but she isn't hand
painted. Rob has always had an eye for a pretty girl.

We were only able to visit for an hour and a half as Richard's friends
had plans for the evening. I think we could have sat there and talked
all night. Richard took digital pictures and plans to put them on his
website when he gets a chance. I used a regular camera, so it will be a
while before I get my pictures into the we met folder on catslaves.
I'll let you know when it's done. I still have to post pictures of our
trips to Morrow Mt, the cats, and baby Pine Cone that I found the other
day.

As you may be able to tell, I'm still quite excited about finally
getting to meet Richard and Lisa. I'm eager to get the film developed
and post the picts.

Pam S.
Old November 23rd 03, 05:21 AM
Marina

"Tanada" wrote
I don't know yet if I got my version in first, but Richard (Alphonse),
Lisa Loque, Rob, and I got together at a mall near the areas where Lisa
and Richard's friends live.

I'm so jealous, Pam! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Can't wait for
the pics.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 23rd 03, 08:51 AM
Lisa Katt

Marina skrev i meddelandet ...

"Tanada" wrote
I don't know yet if I got my version in first, but Richard (Alphonse),
Lisa Loque, Rob, and I got together at a mall near the areas where Lisa
and Richard's friends live.

I'm so jealous, Pam! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Can't wait

for
the pics.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

I am also looking forward to see the pics.
Elisabet

Old November 23rd 03, 09:07 AM
LOL

Tanada wrote in message ...
I don't know yet if I got my version in first, but Richard (Alphonse),
Lisa Loque, Rob, and I got together at a mall near the areas where Lisa
and Richard's friends live. We didn't have a lot of time, and it went
way too fast, but we had a great time. Steve G. was supposed to join
us, but he got stuck in traffic and chickened out, the stinker. We're
going to meet him some how, some day.

(snippety)

How cool! It sounds like a marvelous time - I'm jealous! I can't
wait to see the pics.
------
Krista
Old November 23rd 03, 10:58 AM
polonca12000

Very much looking forward to the pics, Pam. I'm so glad you all had a
wonderful time.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
I don't know yet if I got my version in first, but Richard (Alphonse),
Lisa Loque, Rob, and I got together at a mall near the areas where Lisa
and Richard's friends live. snip

Old November 24th 03, 06:29 PM
Steve G

Tanada wrote in message ...
I don't know yet if I got my version in first, but Richard (Alphonse),
Lisa Loque, Rob, and I got together at a mall near the areas where Lisa
and Richard's friends live. We didn't have a lot of time, and it went
way too fast, but we had a great time. Steve G. was supposed to join
us, but he got stuck in traffic and chickened out, the stinker. We're
going to meet him some how, some day.

Although the traffic was an issue (post football, maybe?), my
uselessness was more of an issue. This is traditional with me, I
should've issued an advance warning! My worst example of this sort of
mess-up when when I was supposed to meet some friends near Coventry in
the UK - at the time I lived in B'ham (the distance between these
places is 30 or so miles). Alas I got on the wrong motorway, and ended
up in Oxford. This necessitated a 130mph dash cross country to avoid
my friends disembowelling me on arrival.

I also consider cellphones to be the devil's hairy buttocks, and so I
can never tell anyone exactly where I am at any given time.

Anyway, was sorry to have missed y'all - glad you had fun.

Steve.
Old November 24th 03, 07:48 PM
Tanada

Steve G wrote:

Although the traffic was an issue (post football, maybe?), my
uselessness was more of an issue. This is traditional with me, I
should've issued an advance warning! My worst example of this sort of
mess-up when when I was supposed to meet some friends near Coventry in
the UK - at the time I lived in B'ham (the distance between these
places is 30 or so miles). Alas I got on the wrong motorway, and ended
up in Oxford. This necessitated a 130mph dash cross country to avoid
my friends disembowelling me on arrival.

I also consider cellphones to be the devil's hairy buttocks, and so I
can never tell anyone exactly where I am at any given time.

Anyway, was sorry to have missed y'all - glad you had fun.

If this comes up, ever again, I'm going to arrange to pick you up. Rob
drove and I navigated, and we'd never been in that part of Raleigh
before. If we can find it, we could have found you.

SO, no excuses, the next chance we get, we're picking you up somewhere
you CAN find, and getting together with Lisa, if she's willing to put up
with a couple of extroverted reprobates such as Rob and myself. We're
willing to pick up a couple of others if they're in that area. We have
room for eight in our van. What say you all, shall we try this again
soon?

Pam S.
Old November 24th 03, 08:02 PM
LAL

"Tanada" wrote in message
snip
We chatted for a while then moved to the food court to eat and chat some
more. Richard is wonderful, funny, and very witty. Lisa is a total
love. I wish she'd post in here as she is so charming and sweet. You'd
all adore her. We compared notes about our cats, and told stories about
their activities. Lisa was way too quiet, but the rest of us made up
for her.

And how, pray do tell, was one supposed to get a word in edgewise between
you and Rob??? ;-) I'm normally a lurker and very quiet. Especially around
people I've just met. I've discovered
1. If I stay quiet, 90% of the time someone else will say exactly what I was
thinking. And usually more eloquently than I would have.
2. A closed mouth gathers no foot.

snip
As you may be able to tell, I'm still quite excited about finally
getting to meet Richard and Lisa. I'm eager to get the film developed
and post the picts.

Pam S.

It was truely a pleasure to meet y'all. We'll have to kidnap Steve next
time to be sure he's there!

Old November 24th 03, 08:41 PM
Tanada

LAL wrote:

And how, pray do tell, was one supposed to get a word in edgewise between
you and Rob??? ;-) I'm normally a lurker and very quiet. Especially around
people I've just met. I've discovered
1. If I stay quiet, 90% of the time someone else will say exactly what I was
thinking. And usually more eloquently than I would have.
2. A closed mouth gathers no foot.

LOL, I probably did stick my feet in my mouth, a time or two. Rob says
that he uses his feet to clean his tongue with. We are a couple of
mouthy reprobates, aren't we? Anyway, you're a total sweetie, and we'd
love to get together with you and kidnap Steve for a day. Would you
believe that I used to be fairly quiet until I met Rob? His family is
so outgoing that I had to learn to be as mouthy as they are or get lost
in the shuffle. Family gatherings around here tend to be loud, busy,
and full of laughter. And the humans have fun too.

Pam S.