Patrick to TED

Old December 13th 03, 05:02 AM
Stacey

Default Patrick to TED

Thursday I took Patrick and The Moose to TED (yep, took 'em together, I'm a
glutton for punishment). I set out the carrier and Nancy, Moogie and Bob
took turns getting in and out while Patrick just looked at me like "NO
WAY!". I through a piece of pepperoni in the carrier but Patrick just sat
there while Nancy ran in and snagged it to drag it under the couch,
growling.

Then I picked up Patrick and tried to put him in head first. He GROWLED at
me, LOL, but didn't scratch or anything. I gotta tell you, Patrick would NOT
go in that carrier. I finally had to set it upright and drop him in, poor
kitty.

Anyway, he got his shots and a clean bill of health. He weighs 14 pounds,
the fatty!! The vet seemed slightly concerned that he had no hair on his
pink belly and asked if he was a licker. I've never seen him obsess about
licking.. I just thought he was too fat. She said it was nothing to worry
about, just to watch him in case it gets worst.

The Moose got her shots and got the heck out of there. LOL. My dad came
along to help wrangle The Moose while I handled Patrick.
Stacey

Old December 13th 03, 09:34 AM
Gizela

Major scritches to Patrick.

You need a cat carrier that has a opening on the top. Otherwise I'd have no
hope in hell of getting Gizmo in.

I'm glad the dreaded visit went well

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

Old December 13th 03, 02:44 PM
jmcquown

Stacey wrote:
Thursday I took Patrick and The Moose to TED (yep, took 'em together,
I'm a glutton for punishment).

(snip)
Then I picked up Patrick and tried to put him in head first. He
GROWLED at me, LOL, but didn't scratch or anything. I gotta tell you,
Patrick would NOT go in that carrier. I finally had to set it upright
and drop him in, poor kitty.

Stacey

(laughing!) I used to have one of those inflexible cat carriers for Persia.
I had to do like you said, drop her in. She was fighting all the way, legs
splayed out.

Then I bought a nice Sherpa bag for her with a front and top-zip and a nice
fleece lining. I gave her a few days to get used to it, and tossed some of
her toys into it so she would get used to going in and out and think of it
as a good thing. Last time I took her to the vet, I zipped the front closed
but left the top undone. Picked her up, dropped her into the bag from the
top and zipped it shut. She was like, "HUH?" Of course she didn't like it
because then I picked her up and took her out to the car in it. But it was
much less painful than trying to shove her into a hard plastic carrier

Glad they got a clean bill of health!

Jill

Old December 13th 03, 09:34 PM
polonca12000