I'm Sorry

Old July 23rd 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default My Sister's Recipe for Carbonara - Was: WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Flippy wrote:
This is so YUMMY!

Thank you Flippy!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 23rd 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default WHAT HAVE I DONE? :(

CatNipped wrote:
don't like a poster, killfile them. But *PLEASE* don't make it
uncomfortable for people here to express their true beliefs and feelings for
fear of becoming the object of a witch hunt!

Who appointed you to decide what is ok to post on this group?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 23rd 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

FLippy Did Id osomething wrong or did you just link on me
"Flippy" wrote in message
. au...
This is so YUMMY!

ESTHER'S PASTA CARBONARA

INGREDIENTS:

· pasta
· 1 small onion, chopped finely
· bacon pieces
· garlic
· oil
· butter
· thickened cream
· 3 eggs
· parmesan

DIRECTIONS:

1. Boil pasta

2. Fry 1 small onion (chopped finely), bacon pieces, & garlic in ½ oil, ½
butter. When done, remove from heat, add thickened cream and stir.

3. Prepare eggs (2 whole eggs & 1 yolk). Whisk eggs, add salt, pepper, &
parmesan.

4. Place onion mix back on heat, warm - BUT DO NOT BOIL. Add drained
pasta, mix/heat through.

5. On a low heat, add egg mix stirring continuously (in order to avoid egg
curdling). Serve immediately.

Old July 23rd 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

BEVERAGE WARNINGS ARE REQUIRED ;-)
"Granby" wrote in message
My husband was in a car accident and in a wheelchair for many years. Some
of the best conversations we had were from questions from kids like "How
did your legs get broke." Or, Mr. what happened to you? " Bob always
answered because he felt that even though it sometimes was embarrassing,
depending on where we were. He felt someone might need help someday and
that kid would have learned that people in chairs are just PEOPLE

With myself having a rather bad vision problem, I have to tell you how my
Son handled people who were rude about physical problems.

My son has a vascular disease and has lost one leg and half of the other
foot. Right after he had his leg off
we were going into a Denny's for dinner. I was pushing Bob in his chair,
more hanging on to follow him truth be told. Mike was on his crutches
holding the door for us.

Some lady burst into tears, came up and grabbed me in a bear hug with the
following speech. "Oh you poor dear, you have your hands full. We should
all pray for you to have the strength to care for these two men. My Son
nearly fell off his crutches then, looked her in the eye and said "If we
hadn't let this Blind one drive, we wouldn't be in this shape."

Poor lady ran dragging her husband and to get away from us.

It was rude of him and, after I stopped laughing I told him so.

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

wrote in message

It sounds like you're saying that even if it's obvious, it's not
good
form to state it openly - is that it?

Exactly. It's the same thing as seeing someone in a wheelchair and
commenting on that fact. It is rude, to say the least.

Why is that rude? Personally, I am far more uncomfortable when everyone
talks *around* something, like it's just so shameful and horrifying to
mention. I'm not advocating ridicule or criticism of someone, but a
matter-of-fact statement about something obvious, if it's necessary to
make that statement (for example, if you're talking about wheelchair
accessibility in a public place), is not rude, IMO.

It is not rude, of course, to talk about wheelchair accessibility - if
the person who is in a wheelchair beside you has brought it up as a topic
of conversation. It is rude to say "oh, I notice you are in a
wheelchair, why is that?"

And I do understand this from the receiving end, by the way. I'm a large
woman, and I find it embarrassing and even kind of insulting when people
stand around looking uncomfortable and Not Saying Anything, as though
it's so horrifying and tragic that one must never mention it. I'm fat,
what is so terrible? There are physical realities that come up, which
might need to be discussed in some circumstances, and I'd rather people
just be matter-of-fact about it, in the same way they would be about,
say, a very tall man.

What is matter of fact to say about a fat person or a tall man? "Wow,
aren't you just so huge? how did you get like that?" or "Hiya, Lofty,
is it cold up there?"
Of course not. It is rude and insensitive. It does not need to be
mentioned how the human form varies in case it causes hurt for those who
do not correspond to "the norm" whatever that is.

Tweed

Old July 23rd 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Sorry friend, I wasn't sure anyone would think that was as funny as I did.
Different strokes and all that.
g.com...

Old July 23rd 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_4_]

You're very welcome!

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Flippy wrote:
This is so YUMMY!

Thank you Flippy!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 23rd 08, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Flippy" wrote in message
[...]

This was always my fall back meal when I needed to produce something
decent out of what was in the cupboard and needed to do it quickly.

Many nights we would get home from a trip, exhausted but with starving
cranky kids. The love this and the carbs mellow them right out.

I always have spagetti, bacon, half and half or at least milk, eggs
and parmesian in the house.

If you use enough bacon you don't need butter or oil. If you only
have mild, you might need to add a bit of butter to allow for that.

When I can I like to top each serving with freshly grated parmesian
and fresh ground pepper/

Everyone takes their dish and a fork and goes into their particular
hidey hole to eat. Then they either fall asleep for the night or have
had a personality transplant.

Old July 23rd 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Ok just wanted to make sure I did not make you mad I am trying to be a good
boy ;-)

by the way yummy can't wait to make it

. au...