Touchstone kitty mixer

Old December 10th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

Default Touchstone kitty mixer

Party night here at the Touchstone place. Little Bit made a brief
appearance, hissed at the new kitties and then stalked out of the
room, giving Spotty a hiss because Spot was to close to the door. LB
spent the rest of the party in the front room by the patio door.

Like a lot of kids' parties, everyone started on opposite sides of the
room looking at each other. Princess took station under the bed where
she could give the evil eye to Spot and Sammy. Sammy was laying by the
bedroom door, and Spot started out in the kitchen by the door, then
moved up onto the tree in the bedroom when LB hissed at her.

At first it was just a lot of laying around glaring at each other.
Then I remembered the package of toy mousies I had bought the last
time I picked up a jug of litter. I tossed everyone a mousie, and all
of a sudden everyone, except LB of course, forgot about keeping an eye
on each other and started batting around a mousie. Princess was the
first to lose hers after knocking it under a book case. While I was
getting hers out Spotty's disappeared, and neither of us could find
it. So Spotty got the left over mousie from the pack, but it
disappeared shortly afterwards. That's the problem with Spotty, she's
very active in knocking them around, and in no time she's knocked it
under something and can't get it out. Sammy's ended up behind the
toilet, and when I got it out she took it into the kitchen. Sammy
played with it awhile while Spotty watched, then Furby came out and
had the audacity to try to join in.

That was really the funniest thing about watching them play with the
mousies. Furby quickly gets bored knocking hers around, so she comes
to watch the bigger cats play. When they knock it over close to Furby,
Furby pounces on it and carries it back to her lair in the kitty cube.
So far no one has ventured into the cube to retrieve their mousie, so
Furby is building up quite a collection. As I type this Furby has
three of the five mousies in her lair, Sammy still has hers, and the
fifth mousie, which was the first one given to Spot, has yet to
reappear.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

Old December 10th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
[...]

And a good time was had by all - especially you. ;-)

Joy

Old December 10th 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 00:01:40 -0800, "Joy" wrote:

And a good time was had by all - especially you. ;-)

well, everyone except LB, who finished the night in the kitty tube
napping. I figure she chose the tube so no one could sneak up behind
her.

Old December 10th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Steve Touchstone wrote:

That was really the funniest thing about watching them play with the
mousies. Furby quickly gets bored knocking hers around, so she comes
to watch the bigger cats play. When they knock it over close to Furby,
Furby pounces on it and carries it back to her lair in the kitty cube.
So far no one has ventured into the cube to retrieve their mousie, so
Furby is building up quite a collection. As I type this Furby has
three of the five mousies in her lair, Sammy still has hers, and the
fifth mousie, which was the first one given to Spot, has yet to
reappear.

LOL! Furby is a kleptomaniac! It sounds like you will never have a dull
moment at home, Steve, with your five girls partying and entertaining
you.

--
Marina
Old December 11th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-12-10 04:42:27 -0600, Steve Touchstone said:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 00:01:40 -0800, "Joy" wrote:

And a good time was had by all - especially you. ;-)

well, everyone except LB, who finished the night in the kitty tube
napping. I figure she chose the tube so no one could sneak up behind
her.

I wonder if there is an extra special yummy treat that LB would like
that you could give her only when there is a party for a while. She
might come to think of a "party" as a good thing. Sure sounds pretty
fun though.