They're settling in

Old April 7th 05, 03:43 PM
Helen Wheels

Default They're settling in

My new furry pal Tyler just wandered into my study for the first time.
He had a good sniff around, rubbed against my feet, checked under my
desk, then left again.
Orlie, the other new fellow, settled down next to me on the sofa this
evening, and before too long he rolled over and demanded that I tickle
his tummy. Each time I tried to take my hand away he put his paw out and
stopped me.
The new guys still stay mainly in the lounge room, but I'm leaving all
the inside doors open now and they come out to explore the house more
often. My other 4 cats and the 2 new fellows are mostly ignoring each
other and deliberately looking the other way when they pass.
They're not all friends yet, but at least they're not fighting.

Old April 7th 05, 05:15 PM
Susan M

Aww - I'm glad that Tyler is gaining confidence and comfort at his new home
and that Orlie is training you so well. It's great that there's no fighting
too!

Susan M
otis and chester

Old April 7th 05, 05:58 PM
CatNipped

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message
My new furry pal Tyler just wandered into my study for the first time. He
had a good sniff around, rubbed against my feet, checked under my desk,
then left again.
Orlie, the other new fellow, settled down next to me on the sofa this
evening, and before too long he rolled over and demanded that I tickle his
tummy. Each time I tried to take my hand away he put his paw out and
stopped me.
The new guys still stay mainly in the lounge room, but I'm leaving all the
inside doors open now and they come out to explore the house more often.
My other 4 cats and the 2 new fellows are mostly ignoring each other and
deliberately looking the other way when they pass.
They're not all friends yet, but at least they're not fighting.

*Excellent*, Helen - you *rock* girlfriend! Bless you!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 7th 05, 06:27 PM
Marina

Helen Wheels wrote:

The new guys still stay mainly in the lounge room, but I'm leaving all
the inside doors open now and they come out to explore the house more
often. My other 4 cats and the 2 new fellows are mostly ignoring each
other and deliberately looking the other way when they pass.
They're not all friends yet, but at least they're not fighting.

Very nice progress, Helen.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 7th 05, 09:07 PM
Victor Martinez

Helen Wheels wrote:
They're not all friends yet, but at least they're not fighting.

And that is great!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 8th 05, 12:51 AM
Enfilade

Marina wrote in message ...
Helen Wheels wrote:

The new guys still stay mainly in the lounge room, but I'm leaving all
the inside doors open now and they come out to explore the house more
often. My other 4 cats and the 2 new fellows are mostly ignoring each
other and deliberately looking the other way when they pass.
They're not all friends yet, but at least they're not fighting.

Very nice progress, Helen.

So far so good--congrats! It'll be their home--amd they'll be your
family--before you nkow it!

--FIl, with Kumani on her back while she types
Old April 8th 05, 02:49 PM
Adrian

Helen Wheels wrote:
My new furry pal Tyler just wandered into my study for the first time.
He had a good sniff around, rubbed against my feet, checked under my
desk, then left again.
Orlie, the other new fellow, settled down next to me on the sofa this
evening, and before too long he rolled over and demanded that I tickle
his tummy. Each time I tried to take my hand away he put his paw out
and stopped me.
The new guys still stay mainly in the lounge room, but I'm leaving all
the inside doors open now and they come out to explore the house more
often. My other 4 cats and the 2 new fellows are mostly ignoring each
other and deliberately looking the other way when they pass.
They're not all friends yet, but at least they're not fighting.

Hopefully soon they'll all be friends.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old April 11th 05, 02:08 AM
badwilson

Helen Wheels wrote:
[...]

Yay, great news! That sounds like excellent progress :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown