Demi's Story

Old September 13th 04, 10:19 PM
CatNipped

Default Demi's Story

Hello, my name is Demi and I am co-owner of CatNipped and CatNapped. This
is the story of how I came into possession of my slaves.

This happened a very long time ago, almost 6 years now, so I don't remember
everything exactly. My meowmie says it's because I'm not the brightest bulb
in the pack, but I don't know what lighting has to do with anything -
sometimes I think my meowmie is not too smart!

It all started when some mean, mean hoomins put me into the scary out when I
was only 6 weeks old. I kept looking around for someplace to sleep and to
eat, but other mean, mean hoomins kept shooing me away from their houses and
would not even help me find my way back home to my mommy. I was getting
very scared and very hungry and the out was starting to get very cold. It
got so cold one night that I headed for the only warmth I could find - a
huge monster made of metal. I just crawled underneath and then climbed up
inside of the monster where it was the warmest and went to sleep. That was
very brave of me, don't you think?

I woke up when the monster started growling and shaking - I was terrified!
I thought for sure it was going to eat me - even though I was so little I
would hardly make a satisfying snack. Then I looked down and saw the ground
moving really fast underneath the monster so I clung to the inside of the
beast and held on for dear life. The monster kept traveling for a long,
long time, but I just held on because I knew I would be hurt very bad if I
let go and dropped to the ground that was speeding my underneath me. I was
very strong, don't you think?

After what seemed like an eternity, the monster finally stopped running
along and then fell silent. I waited for a few minutes to be sure that the
monster really had gone to sleep and then I jumped down to the ground and
ran really, really fast into some bushes I saw. I sat there trembling and
started to groom myself, both to get off all the yucky black stuff I was now
covered with and also to calm myself down after such a horrifying
experience.

Just when I had finally recovered a bit, a HUGE hand streaked down from the
sky and scooped me up. I turned around and bit down really hard and had the
satisfaction of hearing this strange hoomin yell, "OUCH!" I even think I
drew blood. I was very ferocious, don't you think? However, the hoomin did
not drop me as I had hoped. Instead he carried me inside of a building and
put me in a box! How rude! I was very frightened, but I didn't let on even
a bit - I'm sure he knew my trembling was just because I was cold.

Why in the world did such bad things keep happening to me? I was always
such a good kitten, I never did anything wrong, I always listened to my
mommy! First I was put into the scary out, then chased by large hoomins,
then eaten by a monster, then carried far, far away in that monster's belly,
then scooped up and caged by a strange hoomin! This was just too much for
me to process, so I curled up and went to sleep. That was very nonchalant
of me, don't you think?

I woke up when I smelled something soooooo good it made my poor little tummy
rumble. I hadn't had anything to eat in days and days and then there in
front of me was some good, good meat! I looked up and the strange hoomin
was breaking up even more pieces of meat and putting it in the box with me.
Then he put down a saucer of water. I was so grateful to him that I ran
over and licked his hand right in the spot I had bitten it. That was very
magnanimous of me, don't you think?

The hoomin kept me close to his legs all that day and I was very happy.
Then I heard him talking to a black stick and he said, "Well, it looks like
we've been adopted by another kitten, why don't you go and get some supplies
and I'll bring her home with me." "Home!" He said "Home!!!" I was going
to have a home again!!!!! YAY!!!!! Then the strange hoomin picked me up,
box and all, and carried me to another monster made of metal! Ohmygawd, not
again!

Well, it wasn't so bad the second time around, it wasn't as noisy and the
hoomin was sitting right next to me. When the monster finally quit moving
and growling, the hoomin picked me up again, box and all, and carried me to
an inside place that smelled like another cat. Oh joy, I would not be alone
anymore! I looked up and there was another hoomin looking down at me - this
one had long fur on her head. "Oh, how sweet she is!" she said, "A little
black and white angel." "Um," the first hoomin said, "I don't think that's
black fur, I think she's just covered in oil." "Covered in oil?" the second
hoomin said. "Yes, Jim told me that she rode thirty miles to work in the
engine cowling of his truck." "Oh my, the poor little puss!" the second
hoomin whispered. She was clearly in awe of my achievements, as was only
proper.

These hoomins turned out to be really good slaves. They brought me to the
evil doctor, but I don't hold that against them since he did help me get rid
of all the parasites that were infesting me inside and out (fleas, ticks,
ringworm, tapeworm - yuck!). And even though he stuck me with pointy things
they said it was to keep me from getting sick. They gave me the very best
food, lots and lots of toys, plenty of scratches, and a warm place to sleep
(and they never once made me go back into the scary out). Now, I think I
was very smart to pick out such good slaves, don't you think?

So you see where I'm heading here, don't you. I was very brave, very
strong, very nonchalant, very magnanimous, and very SMART!

Then I met the other cat that owned my hoomins - Bandit!!!

*SHE'S* the reason I am like I am today - it's not my fault!

Demi

Old September 13th 04, 10:59 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:19:25 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

[...]

There! There! That's a brave little puss. Everything will be all right
now. Purrs....MLB

Old September 13th 04, 11:18 PM
Annie Wxill

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Hello, my name is Demi and I am co-owner of CatNipped and CatNapped. This
is the story of how I came into possession of my slaves.

Demi

Great narrative.
Annie

Old September 13th 04, 11:21 PM
Jo Firey

Demi,

You sound like a very strong and very brave kitty. Be nice to your slaves,
cause it sounds like you have some really good ones.

Jo