An early arrival in Paris

Old October 20th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

Default An early arrival in Paris

An Air France jet taxis to the end of the runway
at Orly Airport in Paris, and a petite Persian
exits the ramp. A silver and blue Rolls-Royce limo
with a crest and "Hotel Georges V" emblazoned on
the door pulls up to the stairway, and a liveried
grey cat holds the door open: "Bonjour, Mme.
Anaïs! Welcome to Paree! He watches the porter
cats load her luggage into the trunk, and the big
car silently weaves its way through the busy Paris
afternoon traffic. It pulls up to the Hotel
Georges V, and another liveried door-cat opens the
door as bell-cats pick up her luggage. An elegant
grey Chartreux in a pin-striped charcoal morning
coat and gold pince-nez comes over, takes her paw
and kisses it: "Ah, bonjour, Mme Anaïs, and
welcome again to zee George sank"! He escorts her
to her suite as the porter-cats leave her luggage
in the bedroom. The Manager opens the door to a
large living room with adjoining bedrooms. Lizst's
Hungarian Rhapsody Number Two is playing softly;
the Louis fifteenth furniture, brocade drapes and
paintings look timeless. Flowers are on every
table; floor to ceiling double doors open to a
terrace with a view of the Eiffel tower and the
Seine. The maid-kitties silently unpack her
luggage in the adjoining bedroom. "May I haff zee
cafe au lait and zum pastries sent up zo zat yoo
may haff a liddle somfing to eet before dinner,
Madame? Eet eez early yet. I haff made zee
reserfations at Tallievent for 8 PM az you
rekwested. Ah, oui, a shop sent ober zees for
you.." he points to a navy-blue vintage Dior
dinner dress on a hanger. "Eet weel look luffly on
you at zee Ball!" "Non, Jacques, everything is
fine. But please have the desk give me a wake-up
call at 6:30; I think I may take a nap." she
answers.

It is late afternoon, and she opens the double
doors, stepping onto the terrace; crisp fall air
filters in as she takes in the Paris cityscape. A
wait-kitty sets a pot of coffee and a tray of
pastries on the table, and silently leaves. She
sits down, pours a cup of coffee and looks down at
the city; her eyes go to the Seine, and in her
mind's eye, she sees a much younger version of
herself walking paw-in-paw with a yellow boy-cat,
strolling along the quay, listening to the
accordion players, and looking into each other's
eyes. She starts to doze off and Catablanka blends
into her dream: "What about us?" Ilsa asks; Rick
replies: "We'll always have Paris." but as Bogart
turns to face her in her dream, it's no longer
Rick, but Tiger in a tan trench-coat and brown
fedora....

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/19/2010 7:41:06 PM
Old October 20th 10, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

as all of this occurs a sligltly goldden cloud follows the petite lady cat
and as she pours coffee a single rain drop falls behind her...
"Mme. Anaïs Lachatte" wrote in message
[...]

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/19/2010 7:41:06 PM

Old October 20th 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

At a hotel near the car-thedral a porter twinkles and out step Piglett, O T
and Willow complete with luggage. Piglett signs them in and she and Willow
go upstairs for a nap. Ot T heads for the streets of Paris to look for his
wifekitty Harri, she wasn't home so he figures she is up to something.

Old October 21st 10, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

[An envelope is slipped under the door, and Anaïs opens it and reads it.]

Chère Anaïs:

I hopez dis findz yurownself well. I fingk Paris wuz a gud choyse fur da
Ball dis yeer.

I haz leeved sum infurmashun wif da catsierge at yurown hotel. It givez
detailz abowt da site-seein an uther aktiviteez I haz planned fur da
komoonitee wile dey iz heer. Pleez joyn ussez fur whichefur onez innerestz
yurownself -- I wud not like to see yoo stayin by yurownself feelin sadsad
abowt Tiger. I lukz furward to seein yoo.

À bientôt,

Rebecca

Old October 21st 10, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

Um, I delivvered da messij, but it wuz frum Rebecca.

Sundance, covering just this once for the faulty secretary

Old October 21st 10, 12:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

a porter twinklez and out step trudi and OEJ...

OEJ signs the fambly into the hotel...

They are shown to a room very near Mme. A. and Mizz Piglettes fambliez...

the larger than usualy obtained sitting room has sefural extra kushinz anna
in the middle of the room is a table where OEJ inspects the room as she
stands on top of it...
thiz will be beri nize, we kan haf furndz ofur ta talk bowt tiger anna tv,
anna chicha anna princess... diz haz beena sad time fur owrz hoominz diz
year butted by celbratin da lifez of doze whu haf gone ahead we kan feelz
sum happeenezz...

meanwhile trudi beginz unpacking, the porter cats haf moved all the luggage
to the sitting room frum da porter and haf bee thanked by oej and trudi...

trudi lukz arownd... dija seeda veiw owtta dat winner, itz breri nize...

oej nodz anna gases atta beauty offa city dat iz beri alife wiff alla
kitteez arrifin fur da ball.

Old October 21st 10, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Oct 20, 6:11*pm, "Granby" wrote:
At a hotel near the car-thedral a porter twinkles and out step Piglett, O T
and Willow complete with luggage. *Piglett signs them in and she and Willow
go upstairs for a nap. *Ot T heads for the streets of Paris to look for his
wifekitty Harri, she wasn't home so he figures she is up to something.'

As he walks down the street, O.T. sees Wascal strolling down the
boulevard, neatly turned out and looking less like a barn cat and more
like a boulavardier than he has ever looked. However, the meocon
camera hanging down in front of his chest marks him as a tourist.
Seeing O.T. Wascal smiles and waves.

"I'm going to the Aviation Club de Paree to play an hour or two of
poker, there is a special cat table set up."

--
Will in New Haven

Old October 21st 10, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:46:52 -0700, Sundance's
nimble, little paws typed:

[An envelope is slipped under the door, and Anaïs opens it and reads it.]

Chère Anaïs:

I hopez dis findz yurownself well. I fingk Paris wuz a gud choyse fur da
Ball dis yeer.

I haz leeved sum infurmashun wif da catsierge at yurown hotel. It givez
detailz abowt da site-seein an uther aktiviteez I haz planned fur da
komoonitee wile dey iz heer. Pleez joyn ussez fur whichefur onez innerestz
yurownself -- I wud not like to see yoo stayin by yurownself feelin sadsad
abowt Tiger. I lukz furward to seein yoo.

À bientôt,

Rebecca

Fangu Rebecca!

I finks dat I will be joining you fur doze
aktibities. I awlso hab resurbations at Restaurant
Tallivent for tonight at 8. Wood yoo care to joine
myownself?

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/21/2010 12:43:52 PM
Old October 22nd 10, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

On Oct 19, 4:49*pm, "Mme. Anaïs Lachatte" wrote:
[...]

It is almost midnight in Tucson, AZ. Bobcat has retired for the night
and Misty the Black Panther starts to prance around on the 'puter
keyboard. hitting a number of "hot keys". Suddenly there is an eerie
sound and a teleporter appears in the living room. With a quick glance
around, and ears listening for the sounds of snoring Misty steps into
the Teleporter and sets the LED readouts that will whisker away to
Paris, France.

With trepidation she enters the code which will activate the
Teleporter that will allow her to travel at the speed of light.

3-2-1-0! A blinding flash of light and she is GONE. The hum of the
computer is silenced as the computer goes back to standby mode erasing
the track of the Telporter.

Half a world away in an obscure back alley somewhere near the Notre
Dame Cathedral the Telporter materializes out of space. A small BLACK
cat with new penny eyes steps out of the Teleporter. She closes her
eyes and like magic the Teleporter is veiled from sight. It is early
morning. Except for the sharp intelligence behind her eys, and her
striking black coat she looks like any other cat as she makes her way
towards the meeting spot.

"Jellicle Ball, here I come", she purrs to herself.
Old October 22nd 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

Misty suddenly remembers that she has not eaten in a while and decides
to go in search of some food. The Ball is still several hours away.
She still does not know *where* the Ball will take place, since the
Notre Dame CAThedral is such a public place or if it will be in one of
the less well known CATecombs. But first things first: FIND FOOD!!!!