Cat-Cat village

Old September 12th 20, 05:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Cat-Cat village

Prince, who learned how to summon a cataporter from Daisy-chan, teaches
Mona and Luko how then they enter the coordinates for:

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/viet...-sapa-vietnam/

It is a possible site for this year's Jellicle Ball. So far all they
know is it is remote, and cat friendly and not very rich in money but
seems rich in heart of the people.

Not being sure where to place it, they decide to just drop to the side
of the main place where you stop and pay 1$ USA (to support the locals)
because they don't want to look like they are trying to avoid it.

Mona and Luko come out with Prince after them, following. They don't
speak the language but the lady seems friendly though a bit amiss at
the big dog. Each one of them however grab a dollar bill out of a pouch
Prince carries, and grins (Prince careful to not show any teeth because
she's really tiny and obviously has never seen a Great Dane). They
pantomime trying to ask where next?

Prince notes a small cat come out and tries C/D ASL and he answers.

'Big one, You and your friends go that way (points down the road) and
welcome. My name is Mishti. We normally do not ask for money for
furry ones so the offer is a suprise but we need it. This sickness
keeps the tourists away. We are not starving, but our resources are
thin. Thank you'.

They nod as the human counts with glee 3$ USA which goes a long way
where they are. Mishti noseboops the human then takes off with the
trio. The downpart of any ASL, is they have to stop to free up paws for
it but the trio figure out 'follow her'.

They reach a very secluded village. There is something that looks a
bit like a hotel but Mishti leads them past that to a nice but small
place then bids them to sit on the porch as she scratches at the door.

After a few minutes, a very old small dog comes and becons them in to a
greeting room. He puts little bits of food out for them and brings
over his water bowl and refills it.

'Our eldest will be here soon. Please, be at rest. We have no locks
here but I will latch the door open so the wind will not close it if
you want to visit nature for natural reasons'.

Mishti departs to upstairs with a nod.

Mona, Luko and Prince look about. It is small room with a wood floor
and a lot of various textiles here and there. Woven mats and low
stools and small tables. It seems mostly for 4foots of various sizes
but there is a rocking chair that sticks out as well used but not the
same as the rest of the room.

Luko yawns in the heat and Mona follows suit then Prince, They settle
into a pile and take a nap.
Old September 14th 20, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Prince notes a small cat come out and tries C/D ASL and he answers.

'Big one, You and your friends go that way (points down the road) and
welcome. My name is Mishti. We normally do not ask for money for
furry ones so the offer is a suprise but we need it. This sickness
keeps the tourists away. We are not starving, but our resources are
thin. Thank you'.

[Sammy Redcat and Ranger step out of the teleporter and very
respectfully look around the village. After a bit of snooping they find
the store room where food and supplies are kept. They see that indeed
there is food present, but not a great deal. They return to the
teleporter and adjust the coordinates so that it returns them to the
store room. They both return pulling pallet jacks loaded with supplies
from the Fluffy Kitz warehouse.

They bring in a pallet loaded high with various flavors of kitty kibble,
another pallet loaded with various flavors and varieties of kitty soft
wood, another pallet of kitty litter, and a pallet of doggy kibble. They
also roll in a cabinet with supplies of commonly needed veterinary
medicines and supplies, with enough keys to the cabinet for the
veterinarians and vet techs that support the village.

They also unload a stack of special kitty goodies - temptations, toys,
preserved barbequed ear of sooven, cases of tuna, tinned roast beast,
and vacuum packed fishies.]

[Sammy] Ok, Ranger, I fink dis might help dem for a liddle while. Let's
get back to da warehouse and straighten up.
Old September 17th 20, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
P2nya @cat.meow

On Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 4:37:17 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

P2nya prepares a bigbig carton of warm blankets and has them teleported to the Village.
Old September 18th 20, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

An elder lady glances out her window as she was getting ready to greet
her guests and sees them. She is scared they are trying to steal her
village's few resources but then smiles. All the boxes are coming in,
not going out. She smiles and waves, then proceeds to her rocking
chair to greet her guests.
Old September 18th 20, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

[...]

Unaware of Sammy and Ranger's activities, they snooze on in a pile as
an elderly lady arrives. Entranced, she stops for a moment to note one
of the local kittens has snuggled in between Luko and Prince's front
paw.

She nods. All is right with these visitors. Silently, using ASL, she
has her butler bring tea to the low table and some various treats of
the sorts they will hopefully like then settles in. Her rocking chair
creaks as she settles in and they wake up. Prince starts to roll over
then notes a kitten is encumbering his paw and Mona is on his back.

Mona steps down and prince gently shakes his paw, then met with a yawn,
he reaches down and licks the kitten's head. The kitten's eyes pop
WIDE OPEN and he freezes. Luko sees it and snickers kindly.

'Relax little one, he was not tasting you. Now let him up ok?' says
Luko. The kitten looks back at Prince and issues a kitten 'roar' (just
to show he's a biggie! not a bittie!) then hops off his paw and
scampers to the kitchen.

Prince sees the elder in her rocking chair. She is small and wizened
with the years but the lines in her face speak to kindness and
laughter. Faint lines of pain crease her eyes here and there but she
is overall happy seeming.

He comes over and just lays his head in her lap and closes his eyes.
In a few moments, a hand reaches out to pet him and rub about his ears.

Meantime, Luko sees a butler arrive and place 2 2 shallow plates of
warm milk, 1 cup of tea and a bowl of some sort of broth at the low
table.

Finally, the Elder lady scratches under Prince's chin and lifts his
head. He moves out of the way as she stands and goes to the low table.
She appreciates his strong back as she lowers to the floor by the tea
cup. She takes a sip and nods to her guests, who all take a small
slurp, then speaks.

Welcome my guests. Mishti said there may be many more of you and if
they are like you, they will be welcome here. We have many homes with
cooling breezes across the floor and we use wind generated electricty
for those things we want that use it. We are a simple people rich in
soul. All that we do here, is sustainable with no damage to the land of
our ancestors or for the ones who follow us. Winking at Prince, like
the kitten who trapped your paw. I am called 'Elder'.

Introductions are made. Not mentioned again, most of this is in ASL
C/D. After inquiries, they find a Boutique location would be good.
They have one and the Elder issues directions to her butler to free 1/2
the space for them. It is optimally located in center of the town,
just off the dancing square and just to the left of the large communal
kitchen and gathering place. She notes it is time to replace the
bamboo roof so they are dry if it rains and tells him to get that
started too.

Prince's ears perk up. He has never seen Bamboo or how to make a roof
of it. He knows it's round and that is all. He bows to the Elder and
trotts off to watch or help. Luko bows deep and trotts off as well to
watch the area that will be the boutique develop. He's heard wonderful
things about it but never seen one.

Mona stays and sits in the Elder's lap purring, to hear about the
village. She learns, it is harvest time for them for many things.
That is why the streets seemed so empty. As the day starts to age to
evening, people arrive back with full baskets. Grills are lit at the
communal kitchen with coal and fallen wood as the materials for their
textile productions get stored in the warehouse. They note new boxes
in the center and open them. Grinning, they stow it all in the food
area except a few items they are not sure if food, go back in a box
near the door. Meantime, a bundle of blankets is noted in the town
center and taken to the textile warehouse.

Mona sees Prince arriving back with a group of people. He is pulling a
bunch of bamboo tied together with a harness of sorts from local vines.
A goat beside him is pulling the rest. Others following have back packs
with tender shoots, leaves for textiles and various berries and nuts
noted along the way. From the other direction, she sees Luko. He's got
a fish almost his size, still flopping, in in mouth and others around
him with baskets of vegetables and other food stuffs.

They all meet in the center. Mona looks at the Elder and nods then
leaps down to join them.

Old September 20th 20, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

wrote:
[...]

Prince who has arrived with the bamboo and Luko with his fish, join the
start of the community kitchen. Facinated at the simple 'bellows' that
play a sort of music which small 2foots take turns using and giggle
then get back in line for their next turn.

All is lovely until he notices something. There is lots of 4foot food.
The 2foot food is there, and not starvation but there isn't much to go
around. Luko notices and pushes his fish portion to a 2foot. Mona
feels bad as she ate half before she noticed that but pushes the rest
to a little 2foot, younger than her.

Prince snags them all by eye and they quietly slink away. 'Lets see if
Meowmie has some goodies for them?'

They teleport back and ask. Meowmie only lets them get 1/2 way through
and says 'stop'. They need some extra 2foot food and fun snacks right?
They are not starving, but just not as fat as they would like?

Luko nods with Prince and Mona. 'Ok Prince get the cart and Luko, you
and Mona grab a backpack'.

They load up various things Meowmie hands them. 10lbs potatoes, 10lbs
rice, 5lbs wheat flour, 4lbs dried beans (black eye, Navy, Pinto,
black). She looks at Luko. 'Luko, you have a heart murmer but your
heart is strong. You get a very special pack'. She loads spices,
curries, dried onions and dried garlic in his pack. She leaves it open.

To Mona's pack, she adds 2 mason jars of sauces (worstershire and soy)
then notes MSG which she makes up a packet of and tucks in Luko's pack.
She adds 2 cans of spam and 2 of the 4lbs of beans there.

Prince comes up and she grabs the old pull cart. The potatoes, rice,
flour go there. She adds a bag of oranges. For the final touch, she
grabs 3 bags of gummy bears from Charlotte's box that she can't mail
before Monday and will replace tomorrow. She seals all the backpacks
and wishes them well.

-------------

Just outside the warehouse, they show up. Luko is quite deft with the
controls.

They sneak in and add extra stuff to the food shelves then leave
quietly. They don't need much more. They'd have made the winter as it
was.

They go back to the center communal kitchen and enjoy as several sing
or dance.

Old September 24th 20, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

cshenk wrote:

[...]

Mona happily gets to meet many locals, Some have an assigned position
to be the greeting 'good luck' kitty at the various vendor stores.
Tourists are always amazed to find real kittahs wishing them well like
that. They even know the meanings in Asia of the various and the
history dating back to 500AD or so.

Meantime, Luko rests for a bit on the porch of the Elder. She comes
out to sit in her rocking chair there to enjoy the cool evening air.
She invites him into her lap and he carefully sheeths his claws and
comes up.

In the street, kids, kittens, puppies are playing. Various cooks are
putting dishes together at the communal kitchen.

Mona and several locals help set the tables which are not western style.

Shortly a kittah becones and everyone comes in for dinner.