Why did she do THAT

Old November 21st 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Why did she do THAT

I was getting ready for work this morning and I noticed that Sunrise
was drinking out of the water bowl that the cats share with Bear, the
d*g. It was meant as a d*g's bowl, so it is quite large for a cat to
use. She had her head deep into the bowl, so I figured the water was
low and she was down in the bottom getting the last of it. I walked
over to pick it up and refill it once she was finished.

It wasn't low. She had most of her face under water and seemed to be
rinsing it off or something. Pretty quickly, she surfaced, took a few
normal drinks of water and then shook her head, splashing water all
OVER the place, and walked away.

Is she nuts and/or am I?

--
Will in New Haven
Old November 21st 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
I was getting ready for work this morning and I noticed that Sunrise
was drinking out of the water bowl that the cats share with Bear,
the
d*g. It was meant as a d*g's bowl, so it is quite large for a cat to
use. She had her head deep into the bowl, so I figured the water was
low and she was down in the bottom getting the last of it. I walked
over to pick it up and refill it once she was finished.

It wasn't low. She had most of her face under water and seemed to be
rinsing it off or something. Pretty quickly, she surfaced, took a
few
normal drinks of water and then shook her head, splashing water all
OVER the place, and walked away.

Is she nuts and/or am I?

You just live with a cat.

Jo

Old November 21st 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
I was getting ready for work this morning and I noticed that Sunrise
was drinking out of the water bowl that the cats share with Bear, the
d*g. It was meant as a d*g's bowl, so it is quite large for a cat to
use. She had her head deep into the bowl, so I figured the water was
low and she was down in the bottom getting the last of it. I walked
over to pick it up and refill it once she was finished.

It wasn't low. She had most of her face under water and seemed to be
rinsing it off or something. Pretty quickly, she surfaced, took a few
normal drinks of water and then shook her head, splashing water all
OVER the place, and walked away.

Is she nuts and/or am I?

--
Will in New Haven

You are a cat slave why are you asking questions????? :-)

Old November 22nd 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

That was a loaded question but, my three seem to like to walk in the dogs
dish and then get out and shake. Just cause they are cats I guess.

Old November 22nd 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 21, 5:22 pm, "Matthew"
wrote:
"Will in New Haven" wrote in ...

I was getting ready for work this morning and I noticed that Sunrise
was drinking out of the water bowl that the cats share with Bear, the
d*g. It was meant as a d*g's bowl, so it is quite large for a cat to
use. She had her head deep into the bowl, so I figured the water was
low and she was down in the bottom getting the last of it. I walked
over to pick it up and refill it once she was finished.

It wasn't low. She had most of her face under water and seemed to be
rinsing it off or something. Pretty quickly, she surfaced, took a few
normal drinks of water and then shook her head, splashing water all
OVER the place, and walked away.

Is she nuts and/or am I?

--
Will in New Haven

You are a cat slave why are you asking questions????? :-)

Well, the mystery isn't solved but more information came in when I
talked to Micki. Micki has been Sunrise's servant since long before I
joined the staff. Sunrise did this a few times when she was a kitten
and another time a few months before I joined the family. She has not
explained this to anyone or at least not to anyone who would tell Mick
or me.

--
Will in New Haven