This HAS to be the oddest sleeping place ever!

Old November 21st 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default This HAS to be the oddest sleeping place ever!

In our bathroom there is aTididry over the bath- which also acts as a
towel rail when not retracted.

A couple of days ago (yeah on my birthday I lead an interesting life
don't I?) I washed (yes my love affair with the new washing machine
shows no sign of abating) our throw. this is a gold chenille thing
we use in summer when it's too hot for a duvet but neither of us can
sleep without something over us and in winter when it's well cold it
gets shoved on top of the duvet for that little bit of extra warmth.
Anyway I picked it up because it thrown on the floor about August and
was filthy and the nights are not getting any warmer....and besides I
need to keep feeding the washing machine!

Anyway it's on the Tididry but because it's king size it's pegged over
four lines while it dries....next to it is a towel..

this evening I found Sarsi doing her dead cat impersonation on the
throw with her head on the towel- she had managed to balance on the
lines and settled down for a good snooze

I couldn't believe a cat could be comfortable enough to sleep like
that but she was snoring!

Alas when I went to get a camera to take a photo she instantly woke up
and jumped down!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old November 21st 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, that's what cats do. Duffy was curled up in a sunbeam in front of the
sunroom door -- a nice, warm, cozy spot that he has appropriated as his own.
Holly was sitting beside him looking down. I thought, "How cute!" and
carefully got up to go for the camera. Of course, Holly trotted right along
with me, so that was another lost photo-op. I think cat people need to have
cameras permanently attached to our bodies.

MaryL

Old November 21st 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article
,
Lesley wrote:

snip

Alas when I went to get a camera to take a photo she instantly woke up
and jumped down!

Heh. Leila knows the camera bag and vanishes whenever I go anywhere
near it. The camera, she says, is not only noisy but if flashes - and
she doesn't care where it flashes as long as it isn't in her direction.
The result is, camera out: cat gone.

Since she's strictly an indoor cat, the flash is a necessity. I just
wish her antennae weren't so good that she could detect Nikon even
through sleep so deep that to the uninitiated it resembles a coma....

Baird

--
Bumper sticker: "If you can't operate your turn signal,
what makes you think you can drive the rest of the car?"
Old November 21st 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
[...]

You should have put a tin foil hat on before getting the camera, obviously
Sarsi read your mind. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 22nd 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spot[_2_]

My mom had a cat years ago that would get up at the ceiling go to sleep
leaning against the wall and balancing on a curtain rod.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip