Sonya

Old November 22nd 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Default Sonya

tanadashoes wrote:
The continuing story of the owners who rule their house here and what they
are like.

Some of you remember Sonya's introduction to the Shirk clowder. Sonya had
been humanely captured in a parking lot, an obviously abandoned pet. She
was a pregnant foster that was going to give birth at any moment. She
bulged enough to give birth at any moment. Anyway, two months later, Sonya
finally gave birth to five adorable little bitties. Traveler, Eric, Pez,
Qui Gun Kit, and one whose name I can't remember were lovable and grew at
incredible rates. By the time that they were ready for adoption, they were
larger than most kittens at eight weeks and very socialized.

By that time, we'd fallen in love with Sonya and kept her and her son, Qui
Gun Kit. Sonya, a grey and white tuxedo lady with an oriental build and fur
texture, and a sweet little meow that just melts her fan club. She quickly
became Huey's wink wink and wrestling partner. Of course the other boys
decided that she was pretty special, but Huey is her cat and the two of them
act like a little married couple, which makes us all laugh. Especially when
she nags at him and he ignores her, so she socks him in the face and then
tells him off.

We guesstimated her age at about nine months when she had the bitties, so
she was a child mommy. She was so serious when they were born and took a
while before she took advantage of the bitty sitting services offered by Rob
and I. After they found their only homes, she missed them, and lavished
attention on Qui Gun Kit, but forgot that he was her offspring after a
while. Then he was just one of the boys and she nagged him, punched him
out, and wrestled with him just as she does with the other boys. I guess
you could call her a tomgirlcat. Yet she is very feminine acting most of
the time.

Sonya loves to come visit when one of us is sitting on the reading chair and
recently took up laying in the sink in order to get extra pettins. Today
she was sleeping on Mike's bed when we got home from running errands. She
slept on the bed with Tanada, QC, and me (I told Rob that his harem had
deserted him) and didn't leave until my snoring became so loud that she
decided to seek quieter quarters, or at least that's what they tell me. The
other two are used to me and stuck it out.

Sonya's favorite toys are the red dot monster, Huey, catnip socks, the cat
dancer with the leopard spot rope, and any mousies that she can dig up.
When Rob's first CNA (Certified Nurses Aide) was here, Sonya got Marcella
over the worst of her fear of lizards by bringing her in one every day until
Marcella took away the fun by no longer jumping up and screaming. She is a
huntress and has brought home, lizards, birds, spiders, bugs, frogs, some
small ex-mammal that we think was a shrew, and various mice and such. She
keeps us aware that there is a world of wild life out there living in our
back yard. She is shy compared to the other owners and Rob and (to a lesser
extent) Jim are the only males she seems to trust. Rob is the only one that
she will actively visit and get pettins from. Women take a while, but she
seems not to have a problem with them. She hides when company comes over
and some of them still haven't seen her in person. She's not a lap cat, but
does like to rub up against us and get lots of pettins.

I suspect that Sonya is about as close to a Siamese that I'll ever be owned
by. While I adore meezers, Sonya is a lovey kitty and I cannot imagine life
without her.

Pam S.

That was a delightful "read". Purrs for

sonya and her friends. MLB
Old November 22nd 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Neat story about her. I get such as smile when I remember that you named
one of the bitties Eric.

m...

Old November 23rd 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"Sherry" wrote in message

They *are* great fun, and like a whole different kind of cat in their
own right. I always wanted
one, and had the chance to grab one that needed a home. That was
Frank. They are such
attention-seekers. One little anecdote about Frank, just from
yesterday: I had just gotten up,
stumbled into the kitchen and fixed myself a Coke. (always the first
beverage of the day). And sat down.
Frank came up to me pawing my face, like he does when he demands
petting. I was kind of
ignoring him and he knew it. He suddenly turned toward the full glass
of Coke, hooked his paw
in it, and dumped it all out on the table and floor. He got attention
then.

Sherry

=====================================

Yikes! lol

Old November 23rd 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Sherry" wrote in message

They *are* great fun, and like a whole different kind of cat in their
own right. I always wanted
one, and had the chance to grab one that needed a home. That was
Frank. They are such
attention-seekers. One little anecdote about Frank, just from
yesterday: I had just gotten up,
stumbled into the kitchen and fixed myself a Coke. (always the first
beverage of the day). And sat down.
Frank came up to me pawing my face, like he does when he demands
petting. I was kind of
ignoring him and he knew it. He suddenly turned toward the full glass
of Coke, hooked his paw
in it, and dumped it all out on the table and floor. He got attention
then.

*************************

That'll larn ya. LOL Frank is my kind of cat.

Pam S

Old November 23rd 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Neat story about her. I get such as smile when I remember that you named
one of the bitties Eric.

Eric was a great kid and a great kitten. We chose the one that looked the
most "punk" or "heavy metal" for him. Traveler looked a lot like Dave
Yehuddah's cat by that name who had recently gone to the bridge at that
time. Qui Gun Kit, who was the runt of the litter, weighs about 13 lbs and
it is all muscle. So you can imagine how big Eric must be.

Pam S. smiling in remembrance

Old November 23rd 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Bridget" wrote in message
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

I suspect that Sonya is about as close to a Siamese that I'll ever
be owned by. While I adore meezers, Sonya is a lovey kitty and I
cannot imagine life without her.

Pam S.

Having recently acquired a snowshoe cat - pet quality, not show
quality, so the markings, while there, aren't perfect, I can say
that being owned by a meezer related cat is nothing short of
wonderful. Toby is constantly chattering with what one could say is
absolutely a meezer voice. He has the most intense blue eyes that
cross. His fur is divine. He wants attention from everyone who comes
over. And with his markings, he is absolutely unique and beautiful.
I have had a string of people over to pick up some things I decided
to freecycle and without exception, everyone has been taken by him
and they marvel over his markings and how beautiful he is.

He is a typical meezer in that he has a very strong bond to one
individual, it just so happens the individual is Stripey Thing, not
me! He absolutely worships the ground ST walks on. He does still
give me attention and cuddles with me often. He is not a huge lap
cat, but he jumps up often to sit for a couple of minutes. His
favorite cuddle place is in bed with me between me and the wall.

I have wanted a blue eyed pointed cat for a long time, and I can
honestly say he is nothing like the other cats who have graced my
household.

Bridget

This is why we usually have one Siamese and one "Heinz 57" cat. The
meezers are like a whole other species. Of course anymore plenty of
the 'ordinary' cats have lots of meezer mixed in.

Not that any cat is ordinary.

Jo

Sonya is in Labor!!!! Tanada Cat anecdotes 45 March 20th 05 09:29 AM
Did I miss it? Sonya? -L. Cat anecdotes 8 March 18th 05 05:26 AM
Sonya... Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 4 March 12th 05 08:27 PM
Tanada -- Sonya Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 10 March 1st 05 05:00 AM
Meet Sonya Tanada Cat anecdotes 26 January 24th 05 08:18 PM