New Purr Request

Old January 25th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default New Purr Request

jmcquown wrote:

Purrs for Persia to know I didn't abandon her when I take her back to be
boarded for I don't know how long.

Purrs on the way for all of you.

Old January 25th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

jmcquown wrote:
I got a call from my mother in the last hour. She's not doing well
health-wise (she was hospitalized for colitis last year) and she called and
said she can't deal with being sick and taking care of my father too. She
asked, "Would I please come help?" Of course I will.

But I won't be driving. I called and arranged for Persia and Peaches to be
boarded once again and I'm trying to find air fares that make any sense. I
don't get how I could fly back on January 3rd and it cost $166 and suddenly
the price is double that.

I'm crying because I think this may be the last time I see both of my
parents. So purrs for them, please. They are in their 80's and this is to
be expected but dammit.... it's so hard to watch. And my brothers sort of
drop out of the picture when this tough stuff comes up.

Purrs for Persia to know I didn't abandon her when I take her back to be
boarded for I don't know how long.

I really thought I'd have another month or more before I had to make this
trip again. But when you gotta go, you gotta go.

Jill

First of all, purrs for your parents and for you. BTDT as to watching
aging parents go downhill.

Next, air fares are the product of the big computer at the airlines
corporate office. Take 2 pounds of "is there any competition in this
market", add 2 pounds of "how full are the flights going there", add 1/4
tsp of "how much does it cost to move the plane from A to B"; divide
that by "how many people can we cram on this bus?", stir thoroughly and
bake 15 minutes at 500F. Presto, you have the fare.

Any of the above variables change over time (and the whim of airline
management). It truly makes no sense. (BTW, I've never worked for an
airline, much less set pricing strategy for one).

Purrs for Persia and Peaches to do OK while you're gone.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 25th 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

((((((((((Jill))))))))))
purrs on the way for your parents, and of course for the furry and
feathered ones to not miss you TOO much

Old January 25th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

You're never ready for this kind of thing. Purrs for your whole family,
including Persia, and special purrs for you.

Old January 25th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Jan 24, 3:28�pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Purrs on their way Jill.
Suz&Spicey
Old January 25th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 24, 12:28*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:

I'm crying because I think this may be the last time I see both of my
parents. *So purrs for them, please. *They are in their 80's and this is to
be expected but dammit.... it's so hard to watch.

Of course it's hard. It doesn't matter how much you rationalise it
saying things like "It's to be expected" or "They've had a good
innings" (my dad was 67 so he didn't) it still hurts. That's perfectly
normal and crying is understandable, (As is the talents of brothers to
be little help. When my mum was dying, my brother clung onto "she'll
be out next week "up until the moment she died even when he called me
to say she'd had a massive heart attack and had to be brought back
with CPR twice so they were going to take her to the ICU, he was still
trying to make light of it "You might want to come" he said as if I
wasn't going to.,,,,well sort of...I was shaken enough to need to sit
down for a while, I had to contact my other brother by text and ask
him to call my brother, he texted back he'd only spoken to him an hour
or so ago and I had to consider how to discreetly text "This could be
bad news" so by the time I'd got my head together enough I thought I
had better call my brother to let him know I was going to be a bit
late only his number was engaged because he was trying to call me to
tell me she had just died...)

We will be here for you when you get back and we'll all be thinking of
you and sending purrs for you, your parents, Persia and Peaches

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 26th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default PING Julie (WAS: New Purr Request)

jmcquown wrote:
GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

Jill,
We can relay you, Persia and Peaches to your mother's house like
rescued cats are sometimes sent long distances. If you can get to
either Chattanooga or Birmingham (or Anniston) on a Saturday, I'll
come get you and drive you to your parents house. I've driven from
Atlanta to Beaufort, SC round-trip in one day (a friend's funeral) so
I know it can be done.

Julie

Thank you so much for the offer, but I'm flying to Savannah via
Charlotte on Saturday. The vet is ready for Persia to be dropped off
for an indeterminate amount of time and I know they'll take good care
of her and Peaches (chirp) too. I hate to leave them but what else
can I do?

Jill

Thank you again for your kind offer! I had to change my plans again. Now
I'm not leaving until Monday.

I don't know why everyone (meaning my family members) seems to think it's so
simple to just pick up and go at a moment's notice. Just because I'm not
working doesn't mean there aren't things I need to take care of before I go
rushing out the door.

I don't see either of my brothers breaking their necks to either go with me
or go in my place. I wonder what they'd think if they knew you were willing
to make such a sacrifice if I could have gotten to Birmingham today?

Jill

Old January 26th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jan 26, 12:36 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

They'd probably predict that you were putting yourself in harm's way
by getting into a vehicle with a total stranger. They wouldn't
understand that we can know each other well without ever having met.
I'll continue to send purrs that everything goes well for you and your
parents. It's unfortunate that family members believe the person
without "conventional ties" should be expected to drop everything for
their convenience. As a couple without hooman children I've been put
in that position before by family members so I completely understand.
My FIL used to ask us to house sit when they traveled. We lived in an
apartment less than a mile from my job but because we didn't have
children we should be expected to spend a week in his house which is
15 miles but a 1 hour commute because of traffic just so his house
would be secure. Hello?! Buy a security system. I happened to love my
apartment, my bed, my short commute to work. Ultimately, I think that
you will be of more comfort to you mother than your brothers and at
the end of the day you will be able to move forward knowing you were
there when your parents needed you. You will have no regrets. I'm not
sure your brothers will be able to say the same. And remember, I'm
here if you need me to help get you to your parent's.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus
Old January 26th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 26, 10:21*am, GaDragonfly wrote:
. *It's unfortunate that family members believe the person
without "conventional ties" should be expected to drop everything for
their convenience. *As a couple without hooman children I've been put
in that position before by family members

When my mum was first ill I had an horrendous exchange with my
youngest brother- it went something like this

Him "When mum gets out of hospital- why don't you go and stay with her
for a few days? Look after her that sort of thing"

Me "Okay"

Him "But you know we have got to think that she might need someone to
look after her for a bit longer than that"

Me: "Well I've got a job...if I did stay with her it would take me
over 2 hours to get into work so I wouldn't fancy doing it too long"

Him: "Well we can't ask Jim he's got a family and I can't give up my
job. Could you move in with her?"

Me: "What! I just told you I have a job"

Him: "Yes but it's not an important job is it?"

Me: "Happens to be to me"

Him "I could pay you whatever you are earning now tax free to move in
with mum"

Me: "And Dave?"

Him "Mum doesn't like Dave. Anyway it's a two bedroomed flat and mum
probably wouldn't be happy if the pair of you were sleeping together"

Me: "So what about Dave?"

Him: "Well.....one of us could probably cover say Saturday night so
you could see Dave then and I am sure with the aunts we could work out
something so you could go and see Dave say once a night in the week as
long as you were back in time for mum's bedtime"

I shot him down in flames! And I got a fair bit of grief over it only
to find out at the funeral that my SIL would have taken mum in if
she'd had to

Old January 26th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Sweet and gentle purrs for you and for everyone.

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com

Purr Request Adrian A Cat anecdotes 14 November 26th 06 09:50 PM
Purr request for Sam Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 20 January 18th 05 09:18 AM
Purr Request for Dad Denise VanDyke Cat anecdotes 25 December 31st 04 10:52 AM
OT purr request Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 46 December 30th 04 10:10 AM