Got my last stray off street for now !!!

Old November 21st 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

Default Got my last stray off street for now !!!

Well I got the last stray that I am absolutely sure was a stray and he
went up for adoption at the local Society. There are 2 more that I
think are strays but they come couple times a week and look like they
have a shelter someplace and look in fairly good shape then there are
the mouchers that I know have a home but learned they can get a free
meal when they get out.

The last 2 that I got were living under our front porch and they both
went to Society for adoption. The 3 before that were I would say no
more then 7 or 8 months and living under the neighbor's house. I
checked with the local neighbors and put ad in paper before taking to
the shelter. They assured me being kittens they would go up for
adoption. I had daughter go there couple days later and they were in
adoption area. They had never seen daughter there.

I know some people will disagree with taking them there but with the
cold Michigan winter coming I figured they would have more of a chance
there then out in the cold being kittens.

Hopefully no more strays show up for a while. With freezing weather I
am cutting back to dry food only under neighbor's porch. The canned
has been freezing at night now. It seems strange to go out now and
see no cats hanging around but also good but I know there are poor
things are still around out there that need help and that eventually
at least one will find me. They always seem to and even though I
swear I am not going to feed them I end up doing it again and again
and again and again and again and again and again !!! :-(

Oh well.

Old November 21st 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

kraut wrote:

[...]

Been there -- done that -- and it is heartbreaking. If everyone would
help at least one or two, it would be a good start. Best wishes.

MLB