It's been a miserable few days

Old June 13th 05, 04:14 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:22:31 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

... but getting better all the time. Miranda seemed to be sore from her
spay for a few days, but is now back to as much hoolikittenism as she
can manage with the e-collar on. I removed the body stocking yesterday,
and she is visibly relieved to be rid of it.

Frank hasn't been feeling too good, either. As it turns out, he's
allergic to some ingredient in the Pill Pockets, and has had a runny
tummy for a few days. I starved him all day yesterday, and today he's
only hasd some boiled seithe and some boiled chicken, and so far, so
good. I wish I could figure out what it is he's allergic to. He gets the
runs from all the dental treats, too, and from some kibble (which I only
give as a treat, anyway). Of course, he might be allergic to several
things. There's one kind of kibble (brand name Bilanx here) that he
doesn't have a reaction to.

To top off everything, or maybe because both the cats were under the
weather, the emptiness after Nikki really hit me hard this weekend. It
had been warm all week, and I caught myself thinking, 'Nikki would love
to take a walk today' several times. Seeing some lupins blooming today
reminded me of that little copse near my block that was razed for a
shopping centre, and how Nikki loved to explore it while it was still a
copse. She would sit for ages staring into the branches, while I would
tug at the other end of the leash and say, 'Come *on* Nikki. I'm not
going to stand here all day.'

((((((((Marina)))))))))

Theresa
Old June 13th 05, 04:22 PM
Marina

Default It's been a miserable few days

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 13th 05, 05:40 PM
Irulan

hugs
Lydia & Jazz

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 13th 05, 05:50 PM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
[...]

Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 13th 05, 06:23 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
[...]

Hugs and Purrs, Marina, for you to feel better and for Miranda and Frank,
too. It's so very hard to get over the loss of one of our furry owners.

Jill

Old June 13th 05, 06:23 PM

wrote:

[...]

{{{{{Marina}}}}} We're here for you. I hope that things get better
for you soon. I know it's so hard to lose a furkid and feel that
emptiness; I feel it still, too, and wish it would go away. But only
time will do that.

Purrs for your hurting heart and that Frank will feel better soon.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old June 13th 05, 07:49 PM
Hopitus

I know it's hard, especially w/Frank under the weather, but try to make your
copse (hoping its a little wooded area) memories of Nikki a positive thing
by remembering how happy she was there and what great times she had in
there. There are many things re my RB cats that exist only in my memories
now, but they are a comfort source.

Old June 13th 05, 09:32 PM
Lisa Katt

Purrs!!!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old June 14th 05, 12:19 AM
Karen

in article , Marina at
wrote on 6/13/05 10:22AM:

[...]

(((((HUGS))))). I know (starting to tear up again.)

Old June 14th 05, 01:28 AM
Melissa Houle

Marina wrote in message
... but getting better all the time. Miranda seemed to be sore from her
spay for a few days, but is now back to as much hoolikittenism as she
can manage with the e-collar on. I removed the body stocking yesterday,
and she is visibly relieved to be rid of it.

SNIP
To top off everything, or maybe because both the cats were under the
weather, the emptiness after Nikki really hit me hard this weekend. It
had been warm all week, and I caught myself thinking, 'Nikki would love
to take a walk today' several times. Seeing some lupins blooming today
reminded me of that little copse near my block that was razed for a
shopping centre, and how Nikki loved to explore it while it was still a
copse. She would sit for ages staring into the branches, while I would
tug at the other end of the leash and say, 'Come *on* Nikki. I'm not
going to stand here all day.'

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.

Hugs and purrs to you, and Frank, and congratulations to Mir-Mir for getting
that body-stocking removed! I'm sure she'll be ecstatic to get rid of the
E-Collar too. It' looks a little like an upside-down wedding veil in the
pics.=o)

However, I know what it is to miss a departed cat. I hope things get better
soon, Marina.

Melissa

Recipes (WAS: The world is really unstable these days) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 May 17th 05 01:01 AM
Some Days Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 1 April 8th 05 09:15 PM
easy money in 30 days trip Cat health & behaviour 0 March 11th 05 03:40 AM
Good for the next 14 days only Pat Cat anecdotes 10 December 19th 03 08:09 AM
Bye for a few days Susan M Cat anecdotes 5 November 21st 03 01:40 PM