Christy (kili) ISN'T DEAD

Old December 2nd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Christy (kili) ISN'T DEAD

MLB wrote:
Kajikit wrote:
On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 00:28:50 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Good lord, stop the madness!

I haven't been able to speak with her husband, he's probably gone
home to get some sleep. And she can't receive phone calls since
she can't speak. The prognosis is awful but she's not dead yet so
stop saying she is!

We love Kili very much... she's a wonderful vibrant young woman, and
a very special person... I'm sure everyone is praying for a miracle
for her. Nothing would give us more joy than for her to pull out of
this... but she is VERY ill and miracles don't always happen. She's
been through more than any person should have to take, and she's done
it with a smile. If it is her time to cross the bridge, I'd pray for
it to happen with peace and dignity... but I'd also hope for that
miracle. Either way I pray for God's angels to surround her and her
family with peace and comfort and healing... and the sure knowledge
that they are loved.

Amen! MLB

Amen too.

We're all upset about this. Please, be kind to one another. Foot-in-mouth
disease may be more common for a while, but if we care for each other, then
we can afford to cut each other a bit of slack at this time. Folks here will
mean well, even if thats not how it might come out.

ywoei
(look I can't even type my own nym straight)
--
"because its more fun to be evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Old December 2nd 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"Yowie" wrote in message
Pat wrote:
"Yowie" wrote

It seemed, from your post with the candle, that she had gone.

Where is it written that only the dead deserve to have candles lit
for them?

There's no rule, of course, but traditionally the lighting of candles
(virtual or otherwise) is a death ritual here on RPCA. That, and when I
read that they were waiting for family to arive before turning off
Christy's breathing machine (with the implication that she would die
without it) I assumed the candle call was Jill's way of telling us she'd
gone.

You weren't the only one and if others followed becasue of the grave
sounding of the posts, I apologize too. This message freaked out people in
another group and the one posted there along with what was posted here led
to a lot of speculations and readng between the lines of both of the cryptic
posts. It's no wonder no one knew her state. She seems better for today.
The other group recommended using a site set up for her a year ago to go
find updates, now that it will be updated again.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Old December 2nd 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 20:27:11 -0500, "Cheryl"
wrote:

You weren't the only one and if others followed becasue of the grave
sounding of the posts, I apologize too. This message freaked out people in
another group and the one posted there along with what was posted here led
to a lot of speculations and readng between the lines of both of the cryptic
posts. It's no wonder no one knew her state. She seems better for today.
The other group recommended using a site set up for her a year ago to go
find updates, now that it will be updated again.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

thanx for the link. purrs continue for her and her family and friends
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old December 2nd 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Yowie" wrote in message
Pat wrote:
"Yowie" wrote

It seemed, from your post with the candle, that she had gone.

Where is it written that only the dead deserve to have candles lit
for them?

There's no rule, of course, but traditionally the lighting of candles
(virtual or otherwise) is a death ritual here on RPCA. That, and when I
read that they were waiting for family to arive before turning off
Christy's breathing machine (with the implication that she would die
without it) I assumed the candle call was Jill's way of telling us she'd
gone.

Of course we all know that assume make an ass out of u and me, and again I
apologise most humbly for any distress this caused to anyone (and Jill in
particular).

Good intentions, road to hell and all that.

Still purring for a miracle.

Yowie
--
"because its more fun to be evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

You weren't the only one. I couldn't tell for sure what Jill was doing, but
first she posted that Kili was on a ventilator with plans to remove her (and
said "we all know what happens after that "), and then she asked for the URL
for candles. So, I also feared the worst. It was a relief to learn
otherwise, but this is a good lesson in telling us to try to be clear in
what we write, especially when it involves something like this.

MaryL

Old December 2nd 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

wrote:

You weren't the only one and if others followed becasue of the grave
sounding of the posts, I apologize too. This message freaked out people
in
another group and the one posted there along with what was posted here led
to a lot of speculations and readng between the lines of both of the
cryptic
posts. It's no wonder no one knew her state. She seems better for today.
The other group recommended using a site set up for her a year ago to go
find updates, now that it will be updated again.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

thanx for the link. purrs continue for her and her family and friends

Purrs and prayers for her friends and family.
Love
Kyla
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
and Rocky (RB)
Pix at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8
Vids at http://tinyurl.com/4yb6nj

Christy (kili) is NOT Dead Yet jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 December 3rd 08 02:42 AM
Christy Update Rhonda Cat anecdotes 9 December 22nd 06 07:51 PM
Talked with Kili! (Christy) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 November 23rd 06 08:51 PM
Anyone know how Kili is doing? Debra Berry Cat anecdotes 1 July 7th 06 04:00 AM
For Kili Karen Cat anecdotes 2 August 29th 05 11:30 AM