It gets worse (Still OT)

Old December 20th 12, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default It gets worse (Still OT)

I've got my debit card back in 2 days and in 3 the first of my credit
cards surfaced but Dave hasn't seen his new debit card so decided to
call the bank (and also complain about the guy)

Guess what? His bank have no record of any request to stop the card as
far as they are concerned it's still active...in fact it was used in
an internet cafe in West London on Tuesday. They have now stopped the
card and are carrying out an investigation and until that is sorted
Dave won't know whether he's going to be issued a new card or not

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 20th 12, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/20/2012 9:20 AM, Lesley wrote:
I've got my debit card back in 2 days and in 3 the first of my credit
cards surfaced but Dave hasn't seen his new debit card so decided to
call the bank (and also complain about the guy)

Guess what? His bank have no record of any request to stop the card as
far as they are concerned it's still active...in fact it was used in
an internet cafe in West London on Tuesday. They have now stopped the
card and are carrying out an investigation and until that is sorted
Dave won't know whether he's going to be issued a new card or not

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

How aggravating! They need to fire the incompetent who (a) argued with
him and (b) didn't cancel the card! (I also think he should switch to
your bank.)

Jill
Old December 20th 12, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

It gets worse. His bank have now stopped the card but cheerfully
assured him it was unlikely to be used again "As its reached your
overdraft limit"

Old December 20th 12, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Lesley wrote:
I've got my debit card back in 2 days and in 3 the first of my credit
cards surfaced but Dave hasn't seen his new debit card so decided to
call the bank (and also complain about the guy)

Guess what? His bank have no record of any request to stop the card as
far as they are concerned it's still active...in fact it was used in
an internet cafe in West London on Tuesday. They have now stopped the
card and are carrying out an investigation and until that is sorted
Dave won't know whether he's going to be issued a new card or not

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

They need to stop using Indian call centres. I've got nothing against
Indian people but communication can be be very difficult, which is
ridiculous when it is something important like banking.
--
Adrian
Old December 20th 12, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Lesley wrote:
It gets worse. His bank have now stopped the card but cheerfully
assured him it was unlikely to be used again "As its reached your
overdraft limit"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

If it wasn't so serious I would laugh. :-(
--
Adrian
Old December 20th 12, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 20, 3:32*pm, Adrian wrote:

If it wasn't so serious I would laugh. :-(

Laugh if you want to

It's getting pretty odd Dave's bank believe him because at the time he
made the call some of the machines in the call centre that record the
calls were switched off!

Old December 20th 12, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Adrian some Indian people speak better English than me but they don't seem to end up working in call centres

Old December 20th 12, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Old December 20th 12, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Old December 21st 12, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

There must be an organisation that you can report this to.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...l-Jessica.html
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/englan..._societies.htm