I need some help and advice.....

Old September 11th 05, 07:37 PM
kilikini

Default I need some help and advice.....

Miss Pua's ringworm is really bad despite baths, Program® and topical
treatment. It's worse than ever. I'm thinking that it's the room she's in.
I do regular vacuums, I dust with bleach, but I can't wash the bedding on
the bed every day because I don't have a washing machine.

I think if I keep treating her for the ringworm, she'll fare better outside.
Would I be a bad mommy to do so? She's got her shots, she's been spayed,
it's just that room I think. I can't get the spores out of that room. She
has lost about 1/3 of her fur now. I'm doing the best I can. I need some
help!

At least if she's outside, the spores don't have a chance to hang out and
take hold.

kili

Old September 11th 05, 08:10 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

kilikini wrote:
Miss Pua's ringworm is really bad despite baths, Program® and topical
treatment. It's worse than ever. I'm thinking that it's the room
she's in. I do regular vacuums, I dust with bleach, but I can't wash
the bedding on the bed every day because I don't have a washing
machine.

I think if I keep treating her for the ringworm, she'll fare better
outside. Would I be a bad mommy to do so? She's got her shots, she's
been spayed, it's just that room I think. I can't get the spores out
of that room. She has lost about 1/3 of her fur now. I'm doing the
best I can. I need some help!

At least if she's outside, the spores don't have a chance to hang out
and take hold.

kili

It may not be the room, but ringworm usually takes hold when the patient is
stressed (stress can weaken immune systems).

I think if you let her into the house proper (the 4 I treated for ringworm
were not isolated - wouldn't have done any good as by the time we confirmed
that it was ringworm they'd been among the regular population for over a
week. Luckily, none of our other cats came down with it) it may reduce her
stress level and actually help. I wouldn't let her outside though - at
least not until her stitches are out & she's healed from the operation.

I would definately get the LymDip. It really does work. Again, if I knew I
could send you one of our 1/2 bottles without getting in trouble for it, I
would.

Old September 11th 05, 08:14 PM
kilikini

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
kilikini wrote:
[...]

Shoots, she's probably stressed because she's isolated. I'm so torn! I
don't know what to do. She's got the ringworm so badly! I'm going to call
my regular vet tomorrow and see what they suggest. Maybe *they* have the
dip. I dunno. Her belly is fully healed from the spaying, barely a red
line now. They didn't use stitches, but used the glue-stuff.

Thanks for your help, MMJ.

kili

Old September 11th 05, 08:49 PM
Christina Websell

kilikini wrote:
[...]

Why would you get in trouble for it? Because it's a prescription only
thing? It's for ringworm, yes? Pua has been diagnosed with ringworm.
And for that matter, who would know anyway?? I suggest you exchange
addresses by private mail. Not that you will, of course:-) Of course you
won't, what a silly idea that was ;-)) Don't even think about it. you two

Tweed
Who has done that once for someone struggling and is still not in jail.