CAT LADY WANTED

Old July 4th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Untamed Tiger

Default CAT LADY WANTED

I'm SO happy to see that this posting has provided such amusement for
everyone..... :-( Apparently all of you are deliriously happy and
content and have found suitable mates, but I have not.... My
congratulations to all of you who have been blessed with attractiveness,
wit and social graces, but I seem to be lacking, since I have been alone
my whole life, and have not been as fortunate. I posted this during an
especially lonely spell in an attempt to reach out to someone... but
go on babbling about vacuum cleaners.... that's just fine. :-(

John

Old July 4th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Untamed Tiger" wrote in message

I'm SO happy to see that this posting has provided such amusement for
everyone..... :-( Apparently all of you are deliriously happy and
content and have found suitable mates, but I have not.... My
congratulations to all of you who have been blessed with attractiveness,
wit and social graces, but I seem to be lacking, since I have been alone
my whole life, and have not been as fortunate. I posted this during an
especially lonely spell in an attempt to reach out to someone... but
go on babbling about vacuum cleaners.... that's just fine. :-(

John

John, I don't think this group has ever been used in the way you were trying
to use it. Our members live all over the world.

I have been a widow for 22 years, so I do know about loneliness. I haven't
found another soulmate, but I have found a lot of friends through my
involvement in my church and in Toastmasters. I have reached the point
where friends are more important. If I should meet someone who becomes more
than a friend, that will be great, but I'm no longer expecting such a thing.

I suggest you join a club or take a course in something that interests you.
That is one way to meet people with similar interests. Another possibility
would be to volunteer to help out at your local shelter, if you are
emotionally able to do that. I couldn't do it, but those who can accomplish
a lot of good, and meet other people who love animals.

You are especially vulnerable right now, since you've so recently lost a
beloved pet. I hope you find someone, or at least some friends you can
enjoy being with.

Joy

Old July 4th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Untamed Tiger kirjoitti:
I'm SO happy to see that this posting has provided such amusement for
everyone..... :-( Apparently all of you are deliriously happy and
content and have found suitable mates, but I have not.... My
congratulations to all of you who have been blessed with attractiveness,
wit and social graces, but I seem to be lacking, since I have been alone
my whole life, and have not been as fortunate. I posted this during an
especially lonely spell in an attempt to reach out to someone... but
go on babbling about vacuum cleaners.... that's just fine. :-(

John

Soooo... have you tried any dating sites, such as OK Cupid for example??
http://www.okcupid.com/
It's worldwide, you can complete your profile by answering a load of
questions and taking tests, and then comparing your results to the
ladies you are interested in. The site also matches your answers to the
matches presented to you.

And no, I'm not affiliated to that site, used to have a profile there,
and actually did date a guy found off that site for a while. Now I have
found one who seems to be a keeper (via a local site, actually...).

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old July 4th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Untamed Tiger" wrote in message

I'm SO happy to see that this posting has provided such amusement for
everyone..... :-( Apparently all of you are deliriously happy and
content and have found suitable mates, but I have not.... My
congratulations to all of you who have been blessed with attractiveness,
wit and social graces, but I seem to be lacking, since I have been alone
my whole life, and have not been as fortunate. I posted this during an
especially lonely spell in an attempt to reach out to someone... but
go on babbling about vacuum cleaners.... that's just fine. :-(

John

Er, John, you'll find no lack of friends in here, seriously. However, most
of us are married, widowed, in a committed relationship, or don't give out
information. Like a lot of people, when we find ourselves in an
uncomfortable situation, we laugh. We make jokes, change the subject, or
make asses of ourselves.

For what it is worth, I'm old, fat, have chronic Footnmouth disease, and am
married to a really wonderful guy that I didn't meet until my late
twenties. I was lucky. If you want a mother figure, I'm here, or even a
big sister figure, I'm here. We all get lonely and we each have our own
ways of dealing with loneliness and stress. Loneliness, I deal with a good
book or ten. Stress, I write stories that usually get posted in here.
There are some in here who wish I didn't lead such a stressful life. I'm
thinking wishful thoughts for you to find a one true mate and that your
animals take good care of you in the meantime. My addy isn't munged and
you're welcome to write me. I do have my spam blocker set high because I'm
generally a private person in a lot of ways (yeah, I know, I post everything
about my life in here, but I still have privacy issues) but I'll make an
exception for you.

Pam S.

Old July 4th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Untamed Tiger" wrote in message

I'm SO happy to see that this posting has provided such amusement for
everyone..... :-( Apparently all of you are deliriously happy and
content and have found suitable mates, but I have not.... My
congratulations to all of you who have been blessed with attractiveness,
wit and social graces, but I seem to be lacking, since I have been alone
my whole life, and have not been as fortunate. I posted this during an
especially lonely spell in an attempt to reach out to someone... but
go on babbling about vacuum cleaners.... that's just fine. :-(

John

I know how you feel 2 times burned now if a new one is in the stars she
can find me I am not looking anymore unless it is a red head 25 year old
that can out cook me than the game is a foot

Old July 4th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

I know how you feel 2 times burned now if a new one is in the stars
she can find me I am not looking anymore unless it is a red head 25 year
old that can out cook me than the game is a foot

You don't want much do you Matthew. I don't know of anyone who can out cook
you. And I only know this through your recipes. Someday you are going to
have to cook me that breakfast from hell we've talked about in here.

Pam S.

Old July 4th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
Untamed Tiger wrote:
Any ladies in or near Minnesota who love cats? I have 2 but have had
as many as 5. Can't seem to connect with anyone here. I'm 48, nice
looking, 5'9" and about 185 lbs. Pic available!

This isn't a dating service, dude.

Jill

Well, you can't fault him for lack of enterprise! ....And at least if
he finds anyone here, they can be sure of having ONE interest in common.
(However, I get the impression most of the ladies here are either too
old for him, happily married/involved, or both.)

Old July 4th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

kilikini wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:
No cluons were harmed when kilikini wrote:
Dang, I'm not a man, but I'd like to try out your Dyson! LOL.

I am a man, and my experience has been that the Dyson is a *wonderful*
vacuum. It is the very best vacuum we've ever had. It beats the top
of the line Hoover we once had, hands down.

If you ever need to buy a new vacuum, spend the extra money on a
Dyson.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

I've heard that it is a great vacuum and extremely easy to push. If I had
the money, I'd get one. I'm tired of buying yard sale flops. :~)

kili

I wish my Kenmore HAD been a "yard sale flop"! It's a good enough
vacuum, an upright with a canister instead of a dust bag, and works fine
(assuming you are strong enough to manipulate it). However, I no longer
have the strength to wrestle with the darned thing, and it wasn't
exactly cheap when I bought it. Are the ball-mounted Dysons as easy to
manipulate as advertised? (I've never priced one, just assumed they
were expensive - what kind of money are we talking about, in USD?)
Old July 4th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Untamed Tiger wrote:
I'm SO happy to see that this posting has provided such amusement for
everyone..... :-( Apparently all of you are deliriously happy and
content and have found suitable mates, but I have not.... My
congratulations to all of you who have been blessed with attractiveness,
wit and social graces, but I seem to be lacking, since I have been alone
my whole life, and have not been as fortunate. I posted this during an
especially lonely spell in an attempt to reach out to someone... but
go on babbling about vacuum cleaners.... that's just fine. :-(

John

You know something, John? That reaction pretty well explains why you
have difficulty "reaching" someone!

Old July 4th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Changed to recipes

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

I know how you feel 2 times burned now if a new one is in the stars
she can find me I am not looking anymore unless it is a red head 25
year old that can out cook me than the game is a foot

You don't want much do you Matthew. I don't know of anyone who can out
cook you. And I only know this through your recipes. Someday you are
going to have to cook me that breakfast from hell we've talked about in
here.

Pam S.

he he he he

I wish it was not that hot when we had the get together I would have done
some dishes but I don't have central air so cooking with the big oven
takes my house when it is 70 degrees after an hour being on with raise it to
over 100 in the house.

I wanted so bad to make something for everyone to snack on maybe hand made
tortillas but everything Charlene served was excellent and what everyone
else brought was great. I loved the meatballs

Tonight for dinner 1/2 pound ground chuck burgers stuffed with bacon and
cheddar cheese cooked medium toasted sesame seed buns with crispy
onion rings on the side

the burgers have been marinating since yesterday in a beef and mushroom
broth with Worchester sauce, lemon peel, orange peel, a1 sauce mixed in, a
drop of Tabasco sauce, chopped garlic and onion. Mixed in also is some
chopped tomatoes, green and red peppers.

When I cook them up I am going to take the sauce and cooked it till the
liquid is reduced and use it as a topper the peels are removed before
serving.

For the onion rings dipper sauce I take thousand island dressing made myself
mix in just a couple drops of Tabasco sauce and mix in just a bit of horse
radish sauce After enough is made for the rings I take the reduced sauce
from above mix it with the onion ring sauced and make the topper for the
burgers.

Makes a great topper for nachos also just add some black olives to the mix
and maybe a little blue cheese

I don't like spicy food that leaves the burning sensation or over powers
your taste buds after you swallow

Update on old lady cat ~Echo~ Cat health & behaviour 2 April 8th 06 03:49 AM
cat lady Bridget Cat anecdotes 16 February 20th 06 05:13 PM
Cat Lady [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 June 12th 05 03:57 PM
Such a little lady O J Cat anecdotes 102 October 13th 04 03:04 AM
The Bag Lady O J Cat anecdotes 9 September 17th 04 12:39 PM