CAT LADY WANTED

Old July 5th 08, 08:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default CAT LADY WANTED

Jofirey wrote:

After a quick google search, I doubt you will find many new friends
here.

I don't follow this. A google search for what? What does that have
to do with friends?

Lots of people have found friends here. Why shouldn't John?

For the record I doubt the pervert even had a cat named Shadow.

This was rather mean. What makes him a "pervert" exactly? That he
wants to meet a woman to go out with? What is perverted about that?

And I think it's a bit callous to deny there was ever a cat when the
guy is clearly grieving.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old July 5th 08, 10:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
kilikini wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:
No cluons were harmed when kilikini wrote:
Dang, I'm not a man, but I'd like to try out your Dyson! LOL.
I am a man, and my experience has been that the Dyson is a
*wonderful* vacuum. It is the very best vacuum we've ever had. It
beats the top of the line Hoover we once had, hands down.

If you ever need to buy a new vacuum, spend the extra money on a
Dyson.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

I've heard that it is a great vacuum and extremely easy to push. If
I had the money, I'd get one. I'm tired of buying yard sale flops. :~)
kili

I wish my Kenmore HAD been a "yard sale flop"! It's a good enough
vacuum, an upright with a canister instead of a dust bag, and works
fine (assuming you are strong enough to manipulate it). However, I
no longer have the strength to wrestle with the darned thing, and it
wasn't exactly cheap when I bought it. Are the ball-mounted Dysons
as easy to manipulate as advertised? (I've never priced one, just
assumed they were expensive - what kind of money are we talking
about, in USD?)

I really don't know, but I'm guessing about $600? We should Google!

kili

Old July 5th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default VACUUMS

kilikini wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

kili- Hide quoted text -

Kili, that's roughly what the Dyson Animal Vac is. I went vac-shopping
couple of months ago. I just can't push a tank like some of the vacs
are,
and I thought the Dyson was too heavy. I ended up with a Hoover Wind
Tunnel
(I loved my last one, but I hate this one. I picked it because it has
a cool
animal-hair attachment. Problem with this one is, the belt breaks too
often,
when the collection tank gets much cat hair in it at all, the suction
isn't very good.
Plus, I think it's as heavy as the Dyson.
I have a friend with a Dyson who absolutely loves it and highly
recommends them.
So I ended up getting an Electrolux cordless vac for in-between stuff.
I'll probably end up giving this Wind Tunnel away and looking at
Panasonics or
Orecks, simply because they're lightweight. It wears me out to push
that Hoover.
Vacs really get a workout here with 5 cats. I try to vacuum every-
other-day for sure.
Sherry

Old July 5th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

kilikini wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

I love my Oreck's as much as I could ever love any vacuum cleaner.
They do a good job, but more importantly, they are very light weight.
I have pretty severe arthritis and I can pick up the upright with one
hand with no problem at all.

The upright is good at getting under things and the middle of the
room. Not so hot around the edges. But it usually comes with a small
but very powerful 'free' canister type with the wands and brushes.

Jo

Old July 5th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

outsider wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
:

Untamed Tiger wrote:
I'm SO happy to see that this posting has provided such amusement for
everyone..... :-( Apparently all of you are deliriously happy and
content and have found suitable mates, but I have not.... My
congratulations to all of you who have been blessed with

attractiveness,
wit and social graces, but I seem to be lacking, since I have been

alone
my whole life, and have not been as fortunate. I posted this during

an
especially lonely spell in an attempt to reach out to someone... but
go on babbling about vacuum cleaners.... that's just fine. :-(

John

You know something, John? That reaction pretty well explains why you
have difficulty "reaching" someone!

No it doesn't. It shows he has feelings. read some of the posts from
some regulars and tell me which one would have done better. Please let
me know how you are feeling the next time you loose a friend of 15 years.
Nice compassion Evelyn.

WHAT "friend of fifteen years"????? this jerk's initial post was of the
"lonely hearts" variety (for which I applauded his enterprise in
choosing rpca). No mention was made in that (nor in the post to which I
made the above reply) of losing a "friend"! YOU may be clairvoyant,
hence privy to information the rest of us lack - most of us can only go
by the contents of the thread we have been reading. First he made a
totally inappropriate post to a cat newsgroup, to which he received a
number of perfectly serious replies explaining why it was an
inappropriate choice of venue, then he posted a sarcastic, self-pitying
response to those of us who took the trouble to reply! (According to a
private e-mail I received from one of our regulars, in addition to the
recent one to rpca, he posts his "lonely hearts" pleas regularly to a
number of kinky sex sites, so I suspect your "sympathy" is somewhat
misplaced.)
Old July 5th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Untamed Tiger wrote:
Well, well, well, I certainly didn't mean to freak everyone out and
start people hissing and get anyone's tail bristling. But I NEVER
expected to be called a pervert!!!!! :-( Jo, how on Earth could you
possibly jump to THAT conclusion?????? That's a bit extreme, don't you
think? That is blatently unfair. If you want to call names, don't get
me started. Yes, Shadow was a real cat. :-( Well, I won't bother you
ppl anymore...

I notice you don't disown your posts that people quoted from other
groups! If YOU don't consider such things "perverted", I think the
police might take a different view, assuming your activities ever bear
fruit and come to their attention!
Old July 5th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

His next post was about losing his shadow his friend of 15 years
SHADOW 1993-2008 RIP

Jofirey wrote:

After a quick google search, I doubt you will find many new friends

here.

I don't follow this. A google search for what? What does that have
to do with friends?

Lots of people have found friends here. Why shouldn't John?

For the record I doubt the pervert even had a cat named Shadow.

This was rather mean. What makes him a "pervert" exactly? That he
wants to meet a woman to go out with? What is perverted about that?

And I think it's a bit callous to deny there was ever a cat when the
guy is clearly grieving.

I think you are too trusting, Joyce - I've never bothered to run a Google
search on anyone, because I don't really care that much, and am not quite
sure how to do it. However it is apparently quite simple to search for
all of a given poster's newsgroup posts, and the samples Matthew relayed
from alt.stories.incest would seem to underline the "perversion"
accusation, wouldn't you say?

BTW, where do you guys get the idea he recently lost a cat? Certainly not
from anything he posted on THIS thread - which was the one in which most
of us were replying!

Old July 5th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

And this is a post from him on a sex site:
"Mother" or "Grandmother" wanted for roleplay or phone! Any situation.
I'm 44 (in Minnesota) but will play any age you desire. Very eager to please
you! Email me at UntamedTiger7@no-spam or make me a buddy on your MSN. ;-)
Pic available. Business traveler.

Nanny

"Matthew" schreef in bericht
g.com...

Old July 5th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
:

I think you are too trusting, Joyce - I've never bothered to run a
Google search on anyone, because I don't really care that much, and am
not quite sure how to do it. However it is apparently quite simple to
search for all of a given poster's newsgroup posts, and the samples
Matthew relayed from alt.stories.incest would seem to underline the
"perversion" accusation, wouldn't you say?

Actually I don't think making that post in a kinky sex group is so bad. If
he posted it here or if he approached a person on the street yes. As mr
plain vanilla I expect half the people I see have fantasies that would
freak me out but I don't think I would judge them by anything but how they
act.

Update on old lady cat ~Echo~ Cat health & behaviour 2 April 8th 06 03:49 AM
cat lady Bridget Cat anecdotes 16 February 20th 06 04:13 PM
Cat Lady [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 June 12th 05 03:57 PM
Such a little lady O J Cat anecdotes 102 October 13th 04 03:04 AM
The Bag Lady O J Cat anecdotes 9 September 17th 04 12:39 PM