Early risers

Old September 29th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default Early risers

I was awakened at around 4:30 this morning by a weird, LOUD noise--
Stinky was sitting on the front windowsill, and bellowing his head
off. I couldn't believe how loudly he was yelling-- he could have
awakened the whole neighborhood. I got up and went to see what it was
all about, and never really found out-- he was absolutely riveted by
something out there, but it was too dark for me to see. Maybe his
neighborhood nemesis, "Newman" was on the porch. I tried to take
him away, but he growled at me! He was really wound up. He
eventually took a dramatic flying leap off the sill, went barreling
upstairs, rousted Dante out of whereever he was hiding, and the two of
them came sailing down the stairs and leaping all over everything,
including me. Ooof.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old September 30th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

I was awakened at around 4:30 this morning by a weird, LOUD noise--
Stinky was sitting on the front windowsill, and bellowing his head
off. I couldn't believe how loudly he was yelling-- he could have
awakened the whole neighborhood. I got up and went to see what it was
all about, and never really found out-- he was absolutely riveted by
something out there, but it was too dark for me to see. Maybe his
neighborhood nemesis, "Newman" was on the porch. I tried to take
him away, but he growled at me! He was really wound up. He
eventually took a dramatic flying leap off the sill, went barreling
upstairs, rousted Dante out of whereever he was hiding, and the two of
them came sailing down the stairs and leaping all over everything,
including me. Ooof.

I've had this two mornings in a row. I feel your pain.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old September 30th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Susan M" wrote in message
"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

I was awakened at around 4:30 this morning by a weird, LOUD noise--
Stinky was sitting on the front windowsill, and bellowing his head
off. I couldn't believe how loudly he was yelling-- he could have
awakened the whole neighborhood. I got up and went to see what it was
all about, and never really found out-- he was absolutely riveted by
something out there, but it was too dark for me to see. Maybe his
neighborhood nemesis, "Newman" was on the porch. I tried to take
him away, but he growled at me! He was really wound up. He
eventually took a dramatic flying leap off the sill, went barreling
upstairs, rousted Dante out of whereever he was hiding, and the two of
them came sailing down the stairs and leaping all over everything,
including me. Ooof.

I've had this two mornings in a row. I feel your pain.

I am so lucky. Up until this moment in time - trying not to tempt fate - my
cats have never woken me in the night - oops yes once, years ago, when a cat
came into the kitchen and there was a huge screaming fight.
My cats are allowed the run of the house, except for my bedroom. They often
sleep on the duvet in the spare bedroom during the night but sometimes sleep
downstairs on the armchairs or sofa.
I would not expect them to wake me except in a real emergency, and they
never do.
All three of us like our sleep. The house would have to be on fire or a fox
poke its head inside the door before they'd even dream of stirring and
waking me up to attend to it.

Tweed

Old September 30th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Christina Websell wrote:
"Susan M" wrote in message
[...]

Feather woke me once when the bathroom sink was running and would have
flooded the room, maybe the whole apartment, maybe thw whole building
if he hadn't. Of course, he had probably caused the problem in the
first place. He did like that faucet to leak because he loved to catch
a drop and lick it off his paw. It had a pretty reliable drip when we
moved in and he loved it. Then the landlord fixed it and he sulked, so
I loosened it up again and it dripped just fine. Sometimes he would
decide that he wanted MORE and smack the faucet. He woke me up lots of
other times and I miss it and I miss him.

SnowBall and Sunny, two d*gs, woke me when there was a fire on the
second floor and I was sleeping on the first floor. The neighbors
banged on the door a second later and we got out well before there was
any danger, so "saved my life" is a little strong. But that's the way I
feel about it, strong or not.

Will in New Haven

--

"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
-- James Nicoll

Old September 30th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

A few times i've woken up to Mischief growling while she's perched at
the windowsill.

I'll peek out and she'll headbutt and keep looking at whatever it is.

Conversations goes like this....

"Grrrr......mrowwww.....rrrrrrrr......." (Moooom, there's something
THERE!!)
"What is it? Missy, i don't see anything there"
"Mrrrrrrrrr.........mrooooooooow......grrrrrr. ..." (Don't you SEE it?
MAKE IT GO AWAY!!! Or better yet, let me OUT and I'LL MAKE it go
away.)
"Missy, i still don't see anything."
"Mrow....." (But....but MOMMM....) Meanwhile i turn out the light.....

She'll stay there, thrashing her tail and making the blinds rattle and
then LEAP off the sill, thunder across the bed and into the other
bedroom to see if she can see better from THAT window.

And if THAT doesn't work, she'll thunder across my bed again and onto
the sill where she'll go switch back and forth some staring and
thrashing her tail, to sitting up on her back legs and whining....

Sheesh.....

Kristi

Old September 30th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Susan M" wrote in message
[...]

This morning the roof was removed from one house across the street and
hauled off. A bulldozer leveled the lot directly across the street. Three
dump trucks brought in more dirt. Two stumps in our front yard were ground
out. And all sorts of building material delivery trucks and tree removal
equipment were in and out. I slept until noon and most of that time Kayla
slept on top of me. Guess who isn't going to ever be a watch dog? Pity the
poor sheep that ever depended on her!

Jo