Boyfie

Old February 15th 14, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Boyfie

On 2/15/2014 11:42 AM, Mike Mayers wrote:
Can someone in england call her vet and ask him for advice on contacting her?

Excellent suggestion, Mike! I hadn't thought of that.

Jill
Old February 15th 14, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 2/15/2014 11:42 AM, Mike Mayers wrote:
Can someone in england call her vet and ask him for advice on contacting
her?

Excellent suggestion, Mike! I hadn't thought of that.

Jill

~~~~~~~~
This is strange. I see a number of responses to this thread, but Mike's
does not show up on my computer. I only saw it through your message.

MaryL

Old February 15th 14, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/15/2014 1:14 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 2/15/2014 11:42 AM, Mike Mayers wrote:
Can someone in england call her vet and ask him for advice on
contacting her?

Excellent suggestion, Mike! I hadn't thought of that.

Jill

~~~~~~~~
This is strange. I see a number of responses to this thread, but Mike's
does not show up on my computer. I only saw it through your message.

MaryL

Sorry, can't help with that. But it was a great suggestion!

Jill
Old February 16th 14, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/16/2014 7:41 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Judith Latham
wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 2/15/2014 11:42 AM, Mike Mayers wrote:
Can someone in england call her vet and ask him for advice on
contacting her?

Excellent suggestion, Mike! I hadn't thought of that.

Jill

~~~~~~~~ This is strange. I see a number of responses to this
thread, but Mike's does not show up on my computer. I only saw it
through your message.

MaryL

Sorry, can't help with that. But it was a great suggestion!

Jill

I've sent an email guessing at her email address. It hasn't bounced back
yet but neither have I had a reply.

I hadn't thought about the floods. I'll check if there are any where she
lives if I can find the name of the nearby village. So many places are
flooded over here.

Purrs all is well.

Judith

I haven't had the email bounce back even now but again no reply.

She lives in Leicestershire and there have been some flooding there but I
cannot find out exactly where. There may also have been a power outrage as
loads of places have had them but again it's finding out exactly where she
is. In one post when she was talking about getting some pots for her
garden I think she mentioned a nearby village where the police had found
drug plants being grown in the disused doctors surgery. I cannot find this
post can anyone else out there? It might give me a better clue where to
look.

Judith

The veterinary clinic where she took Boyfie is in Sileby,
Leicestershire, if that helps. Phone number 44 1509 812446. Maybe give
them a ring, mention our concerns about her and Boyfie and see if they
could give her a call?

Jill
Old February 16th 14, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message ...

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

Does anyone know how to get in touch with her?

Jill

~~~~~~~~
I just took another look at Tweed's return address. I am going to delete
the spam-check and will see if I can get email to reach her. I will post a
message if I get a reply.

MaryL

~~~~~~~~~
My message to Tweed bounced back. I thought it was successful because it
has taken so long to get the failure notice.

Has anyone succeeded in checking with her vet clinic, or does anyone know
her phone number? I'm worried both for her and Boyfie--for Tweed because of
past health problems, for Boyfie because of his devastating injury and
Tweed's last message where she said she was concerned, and for both of them
because of the major flooding problems in the UK. I surely hope none of our
members have been impacted by the floods other than just inconvenience.

MaryL

Old February 16th 14, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/16/2014 2:31 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , MaryL
wrote:

"MaryL" wrote in message ...

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

I'm going to try the vet clinic tomorrow but I don't know if they will
tell me anything if they know anything due to data protection.

Judith

They don't have to tell you anything. Just ask them if they could call
to check on her. All they can do is say no. Or at least confirm if
there is flooding/power outages in the area. Thanks!

Jill
Old February 16th 14, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 2/16/2014 7:41 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Judith Latham
wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

I'll try that in the morning but my thought is that they might not be able
to tell me anything under the Data protection act. I know I cannot give
any information out at work. But I will try.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

~~~~~~~~~
The same thing would be true here. However, they could probably make a
phone call to Tweed and ask her to contact us (either by posting a message
on the newsgroup or by email or phone call to one of the members, depending
on what power she has right now). Let's hope you can contact them and at
least get enough information so we will know that she and Boyfie are
alright. The person I talked to at the vet clinic when I made a donation
seemed delighted that so many of us had taken action, so at least they
already know about Tweed's friends on this group.

MaryL