Xena + UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)

Old November 8th 03, 10:25 AM
andr0meda

Default Xena + UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)

Hi Everybody,
I will try to keep it short. Xena is having an UTI again, and yesterday was
our crisis day.
She is better now, but still 8 days of antibiotics to go, plus 'how on earth
do I take her urine sample?' but all I want to say is....please,. keep your
cat's liter box inside. And watch it. I taught Xena to actually call me when
she is ready for wee or poo, and thanks to that I catch any UTI quickly.
What if your cat 'does the business outside'?
Please be careful; UTI can kill a cat if not caught early.
Regards, Andr0

Old November 8th 03, 11:07 AM
Alison

"andr0meda" wrote in message
Hi Everybody,
I will try to keep it short. Xena is having an UTI again, and

yesterday was
our crisis day.
She is better now, but still 8 days of antibiotics to go, plus 'how

on earth
do I take her urine sample?' but all I want to say is....please,.

keep your
cat's liter box inside. And watch it. I taught Xena to actually call

me when
she is ready for wee or poo, and thanks to that I catch any UTI

quickly.
What if your cat 'does the business outside'?
Please be careful; UTI can kill a cat if not caught early.
Regards, Andr0

Hi ,
Some here suggested to me once to polystyrene (sp?) balls in the
litter tray instead of cat litter and the wee will collect at the
bottom . I'v also read that you must get a urine sample to the vet
asap or with in a few hours.
That's clever training your cat to get you when she ready to wee. .
How did you do that ?
With Kim I have to keep my eye on her and be ready with a shallow
dish. You have to pretend you're not watching and wait until they are
actually peeing before you put the dish under them . You have to be
quick thoughG .
A sign of UTI is cats peeing inappropriately outside the box. and on
plastic bags and in the bath . Many people don't realise this is a
sign of UTI and think their cat is being dirty.
Kim had a bout of cystitis recently . She is on a canned diet diet of
organic food and I add a GAG supplement to her food every other day .
Alison

Old November 8th 03, 03:26 PM
andr0meda

That's clever training your cat to get you when she ready to wee. .
How did you do that ?

- Easy! I heaped prize on her whenever there was a 'deposit' in the box,
until she started 'getting me' for the deed.....she knows, this is what
makes meowmy happy, and it is her way to say 'thank you' for all the care I
give. It can be a nuisance though, as she will scream until I join her in
her toilet, while I want to watch a show on TV....LOL!
Andr0

Old November 8th 03, 06:50 PM
Alison

"andr0meda" wrote in message
- Easy! I heaped prize on her whenever there was a 'deposit' in

the box,
until she started 'getting me' for the deed.....she knows, this is

what
makes meowmy happy, and it is her way to say 'thank you' for all the

care I
give. It can be a nuisance though, as she will scream until I join

her in
her toilet, while I want to watch a show on TV....LOL!
Andr0

Aw bless her. Sounds like my dog! but he always waits until there's
is a good part or the film is nearly over and I never find out what
happens. BG
Alison

Old November 9th 03, 01:02 AM
andr0meda

Yes, hehe, this will be the next step, to teach them to do their business
within the commercial break!
Andr0