The first cold snap of the season

Old October 26th 12, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default The first cold snap of the season

It's the first cold snap of the season, and Miss Emily has decided she
wants in. I already had a spare bowl of food next to her Lion-Grrl box.

Apache has decided to annoy Miss Emily. Until I cane to investigate the
sound of a second grrl kitty jumping up on the freezer. So Apache goes
back into the living room, notices that Little Boy has grey fur too, and
hisses at him.

In the mean time, I go back outside to pet Butterscotch and Orville.
Orville just want to know where his second supper is. Butterscotch says
he's happy outside, thank you.

I expect to find some of my top-of-bookshelf stuff (nothing breakable)
on the floor in the morning, and maybe a lion grrl on the shelf in my
closet.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old October 26th 12, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:30:04 -0500, Mark Edwards
wrote:

It's the first cold snap of the season, and Miss Emily has decided she
wants in. I already had a spare bowl of food next to her Lion-Grrl box.

Apache has decided to annoy Miss Emily. Until I cane to investigate the
sound of a second grrl kitty jumping up on the freezer. So Apache goes
back into the living room, notices that Little Boy has grey fur too, and
hisses at him.

In the mean time, I go back outside to pet Butterscotch and Orville.
Orville just want to know where his second supper is. Butterscotch says
he's happy outside, thank you.

I expect to find some of my top-of-bookshelf stuff (nothing breakable)
on the floor in the morning, and maybe a lion grrl on the shelf in my
closet.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

We're expecting a hurricane Sunday to Tuesday so naturally I worry
about the outdoor kitties. I know that they know where to go but this
could be a bad one. I have to put another few bricks on top of Baby's
house but it's in a very secure spot and highly unlikely to blow away.
It's wedged between my front steps and a strong railing and I already
have a cement piece on top of it. I built it a bit wider than I meant
to so it's really wedged in tightly.

I put a tarp over the whole thing during a previous storm but the
snapping of the tarp in the wind scared the cats away. This time I'll
just leave it be.

Mostly though the cats go under people's porches during this kind of
them. Most of them are brick and very secure.
Old October 26th 12, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

We're expecting a hurricane Sunday to Tuesday so naturally I worry
about the outdoor kitties. I know that they know where to go but this
could be a bad one. I have to put another few bricks on top of Baby's
house but it's in a very secure spot and highly unlikely to blow away.
It's wedged between my front steps and a strong railing and I already
have a cement piece on top of it. I built it a bit wider than I meant
to so it's really wedged in tightly.

I put a tarp over the whole thing during a previous storm but the
snapping of the tarp in the wind scared the cats away. This time I'll
just leave it be.

Mostly though the cats go under people's porches during this kind of
them. Most of them are brick and very secure.

Flooding? Snow? From what I've read, this one poses a lot more
hazards than just wind damage. Power cuts and blocked roads on
a wide scale, at least - probably an idea to stock up on catfood.
(Ollie snuck up on me and embedded his claws in my trousers just
as I was typing that word - I wonder what he could want?...)

Old October 27th 12, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jack Campin" wrote in message

[...]

e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u
Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU,
Scotland
mobile 07800 739 557 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter:
JackCampin

************
Yes, the folks in the northeastern states could get hit pretty hard.
Hurricane Sandy is expected to merge with a couple of different weather
systems, creating what they're calling a mega-storm. (She blew right past
South Carolina, whew!) Keep an eye on the storm track and stock up on
everything! Cat food, people food (buy canned goods in case you lose
power), jugs of bottled drinking water, toilet paper! Don't wait until the
last minute, either. I have a friend in New Jersey who has already shopped
for "storm items"; she said the store was packed with people stocking up on
stuff. You might also think about bags of ice so you don't lose whatever
you have in the refrigerator or freezer. When the area lost power for a
week once back in Tennessee, I stashed everything that was defrosting into a
large cooler and poured ice on top. On top of I set the jug of milk, eggs
and cheese from the refrigerator. I got to be a very creative cook on the
charcoal grill that week!

Jill