Final Gray Kitty Update

Old April 18th 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default Final Gray Kitty Update

[gentle edit]

I didn't notice right away when he got sick this winter, in fact when
I did notice he was so weak he could hardly stand. I brought him in
and tried to get him well, but couldn't ;-(

Steve, I'm so sorry to hear this He had a great life and you took good
care of him and from what I read, he finally warmed up to you. Thank you for
taking care of this poor stray, and giving him the final loving gift of
release from his peace and misery
by sending him to The Bridge. Would you like me to put up a Candle for a
wonderful kitty? There are too many strays now and it breaks my heart.
Thank you again.
Love
Kyla
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby

Old April 18th 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Steve Touchstone wrote:
I just returned from TED with an empty carrier.

gentle snip

I didn't notice right away when he got sick this winter, in fact when
I did notice he was so weak he could hardly stand. I brought him in
and tried to get him well, but couldn't ;-(

But you did give him so much during his last weeks. {{{Steve}}} I'm so
very sorry. At least he had a warm home and a full tummy at the end,
thanks to you.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 18th 09, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am so very sorry, but you loved him, and he knew it, and the creator will
bless you for loving, Lee
"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
I just returned from TED with an empty carrier. It was another trip to
TED this morning for Gray Kitty for another recheck. He initially
showed quite a bit of improvement after he started the antibiotic and
prednisone, but for the past week he has been slipping away. He lost
the weight he had initially gained, down almost another half pound,
6.8 today from his initial 7.5 at his first TED visit. His high point
was 8.1 on my bathroom scales. TED wasn't sure what was causing the
weight loss - his gum infection had gone down, and he was eating a
little more than a can of 9 lives a day, but losing weight. He had
feline aids, so even if we had managed to beat whatever was wrong this
time, in his run down condition TED said his prognosis wasn't good. I
made the decision to send him to the Bridge.

GK was a fine strapping tom cat back when I moved here 12 years ago.
At that time he had a home, but somewhere along the way his people
abandoned him. He got along pretty well, there are several suckers in
the neighborhood besides me who put out food, so he didn't go hungry.
He got sick last winter, and that was the first time he consented to
let me pet him. He rebounded from his illness, and was like his old
self last summer. He became a frequent visitor, though it wasn't
unusual for me not to see him for several days, or even a week or two.

Old April 18th 09, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 17, 11:18*am, Steve Touchstone
wrote:
I just returned from TED with an empty carrier.

I'm so sorry about Gray Kitty but thank you for doing the best you
could and giving him love until the end

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 18th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Steve Touchstone wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry.
Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old April 18th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Apr 17, 2:18*pm, Steve Touchstone
wrote:
I just returned from TED with an empty carrier. It was another trip to
TED this morning for Gray Kitty for another recheck. *

snip
I am sorry that it was Gray Kitty's time to cross RB. You were
wonderful to him
and he definitely knew love at the end of his life. Unfortunately we
can't save them
all, we can only do the best we can.....and that's what you did.

Debbie

Old April 18th 09, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Oh, Steve,
I'm so very sorry to read this; I know how much you tried to help him and if
nothing else he knew he was getting care and attention from you. You made
his last days much more pleasant and happy and that's a worthwhile thing.
Purrs for your poor heart and for Gray Kitty's trip to the Bridge where he
will be welcomed by all of our loved furkids.
Christine

Old April 19th 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
I just returned from TED with an empty carrier. It was another trip to
TED this morning for Gray Kitty for another recheck. He initially
showed quite a bit of improvement after he started the antibiotic and
prednisone, but for the past week he has been slipping away. He lost
the weight he had initially gained, down almost another half pound,
6.8 today from his initial 7.5 at his first TED visit. His high point
was 8.1 on my bathroom scales. TED wasn't sure what was causing the
weight loss - his gum infection had gone down, and he was eating a
little more than a can of 9 lives a day, but losing weight. He had
feline aids, so even if we had managed to beat whatever was wrong this
time, in his run down condition TED said his prognosis wasn't good. I
made the decision to send him to the Bridge.

I'm so sorry Steve. You did everything possible for Gray Kitty and I'm sure
that he felt gratitude towards you for it all. It is so hard to let them
go.

Pam S.