OT Purrs, work, and maybe school

Old April 17th 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default OT Purrs, work, and maybe school

Hi everyone, I'm still here. Blanket purrs to all and sundry...I'm
still busting my onions to find real work. I got the best news in the
world yesterday: my resume sucks!!! It wasn't quite that bad; just I
didn't write it well, didn't stress my administrative experience as
well as I should. No wonder all my calls are on industrial jobs and
call centers! I will be going to a "resume doctor" next week, as well
as an orientation for educational services for the disabled. I could
be going back to school on my own tax money! STIMULATE THIS!!! Wish me
purrs and luck, please!

Blessed be,
Baha
recovering from plantar faciitis and hurts like heck to go upstairs to
the computer room!
Old April 17th 09, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

BfloPolska wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm still here. Blanket purrs to all and sundry...I'm
still busting my onions to find real work. I got the best news in the
world yesterday: my resume sucks!!! It wasn't quite that bad; just I
didn't write it well, didn't stress my administrative experience as
well as I should. No wonder all my calls are on industrial jobs and
call centers! I will be going to a "resume doctor" next week, as well
as an orientation for educational services for the disabled. I could
be going back to school on my own tax money! STIMULATE THIS!!! Wish me
purrs and luck, please!

That would be awesome if you could go back to school. And I understand
why you were glad to get the feedback on your resume - it means that
things, ie, job offers, can get better. I hope they do!!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 17th 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

BfloPolska wrote in news:de24e8ce-0642-449e-9f11-
:

Hi everyone, I'm still here. Blanket purrs to all and sundry...I'm
still busting my onions to find real work. I got the best news in the
world yesterday: my resume sucks!!! It wasn't quite that bad; just I
didn't write it well, didn't stress my administrative experience as
well as I should. No wonder all my calls are on industrial jobs and
call centers! I will be going to a "resume doctor" next week, as well
as an orientation for educational services for the disabled. I could
be going back to school on my own tax money! STIMULATE THIS!!! Wish me
purrs and luck, please!

Blessed be,
Baha
recovering from plantar faciitis and hurts like heck to go upstairs to
the computer room!

I have had to read many many resumes through the years and while it is
hard to describe what makes me drop one down in a second or read it
instead, I can tell you I wanted to see ALL the prospects work
experience, any military experience (reserves included) as well as
anything that showed a responsibility toward task.

Things that dropped that paper back on the stack in short time were
trying to b.s. me, trying to guess incorrectly what I considered
important and anything that increased the time it took to find the above
information on the one sheet of paper. Even if you are in a field (such
as tech) where longer resumes are appropriate (such as my field) I still
did not want to spend excess time on any one resume. The top sheet needs
to catch me.
Old April 17th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs and luck.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old April 17th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

BfloPolska wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm still here. Blanket purrs to all and sundry...I'm
still busting my onions to find real work. I got the best news in the
world yesterday: my resume sucks!!! It wasn't quite that bad; just I
didn't write it well, didn't stress my administrative experience as
well as I should. No wonder all my calls are on industrial jobs and
call centers! I will be going to a "resume doctor" next week, as well
as an orientation for educational services for the disabled. I could
be going back to school on my own tax money! STIMULATE THIS!!! Wish me
purrs and luck, please!

Blessed be,
Baha
recovering from plantar faciitis and hurts like heck to go upstairs to
the computer room!

Good luck purrs on the way. How do you recover from plantar faciitis? I
thought once you got it not a lot could be done,
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 18th 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"BfloPolska"
Hi everyone, I'm still here. Blanket purrs to all and sundry...I'm
still busting my onions to find real work. I got the best news in the
world yesterday: my resume sucks!!! It wasn't quite that bad; just I
didn't write it well, didn't stress my administrative experience as
well as I should. No wonder all my calls are on industrial jobs and
call centers! I will be going to a "resume doctor" next week, as well
as an orientation for educational services for the disabled. I could
be going back to school on my own tax money! STIMULATE THIS!!! Wish me
purrs and luck, please!

Blessed be,
Baha
recovering from plantar faciitis and hurts like heck to go upstairs to
the computer room!

Purrs and luck for the things you asked for and also
for your plantar faciitis to heal.
Love
Kyla

Old April 18th 09, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article
,
BfloPolska wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm still here. Blanket purrs to all and sundry...I'm
still busting my onions to find real work. I got the best news in
the
world yesterday: my resume sucks!!! It wasn't quite that bad; just
didn't write it well, didn't stress my administrative experience as
well as I should. No wonder all my calls are on industrial jobs and
call centers! I will be going to a "resume doctor" next week, as
well
as an orientation for educational services for the disabled. I
could
be going back to school on my own tax money! STIMULATE THIS!!! Wish
me
purrs and luck, please!

Purrs from here. There are plenty of people who should never write
their own resume. It isn't a matter of being able to write. You have
to know how the people that read them think and what they are looking
for. And feed them what they want. Far better to let a pro do it.

Jo

Old April 18th 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 17, 11:09*am, BfloPolska wrote:
: my resume sucks!!! It wasn't quite that bad; just I
didn't write it well, didn't stress my administrative experience as
well as I should.

I had my brother who has responsibility for hiring people to read
through mine and yes, it sucked! Doesn't now through and I just
turned down an interview for one post but am interviewing next week
for a real dream of a job!

Lots of purrs for everything to work out

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 18th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

BfloPolska wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm still here. Blanket purrs to all and sundry...I'm
still busting my onions to find real work. I got the best news in the
world yesterday: my resume sucks!!! It wasn't quite that bad; just I
didn't write it well, didn't stress my administrative experience as
well as I should. No wonder all my calls are on industrial jobs and
call centers! I will be going to a "resume doctor" next week, as well
as an orientation for educational services for the disabled. I could
be going back to school on my own tax money! STIMULATE THIS!!! Wish me
purrs and luck, please!

Blessed be,
Baha
recovering from plantar faciitis and hurts like heck to go upstairs to
the computer room!

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek