Tiger Balm brings out the Tiger in my cat!

Old June 23rd 05, 03:50 AM
badwilson

Default Tiger Balm brings out the Tiger in my cat!

I have this really annoying itchy spot on my shoulder, so last night
before bed I put some Tiger Balm on it.
Well! Insta-cat appeared. Vino was all over me trying to lick my
shoulder and hands. I had to keep pushing him away and he kept coming
back, purring loudly. He also displayed great interest in the
(closed) container. I ended up having to put it under my pillow
because I couldn't find a spot to hide it from him without getting out
of bed. For a while he even tried to burrow under the pillow to get
at it!
Oh, and some must have gotten on the corner of my book because he bit
into it and shook it like a mouse he was trying to kill!
It was most definitely a strong reaction, almost like catnip.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old June 23rd 05, 03:57 AM
Victor Martinez

badwilson wrote:
It was most definitely a strong reaction, almost like catnip.

Oh yeah! Our cats *love* tiger balm as well.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 23rd 05, 04:13 AM
CatNipped

"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Never hear of it, what's is it? Mine go crazy over Valerian Root (which I
take to help me sleep).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 23rd 05, 04:40 AM
badwilson

CatNipped wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

It's got menthol, clove oil, camphor and cajuput oil. It makes your
skin feel hot when you put it on, used for sore muscles but also great
for insect bites, etc.
http://www.tigerbalm.co.uk/intro.html

Old June 23rd 05, 05:19 AM
Marina

badwilson wrote:

It's got menthol, clove oil, camphor and cajuput oil. It makes your
skin feel hot when you put it on, used for sore muscles but also great
for insect bites, etc.
http://www.tigerbalm.co.uk/intro.html

I bet it's the menthol that drives Vino crazy.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 23rd 05, 05:35 AM
cindy d via CatKB.com

Marina wrote:
It's got menthol, clove oil, camphor and cajuput oil. It makes your
skin feel hot when you put it on, used for sore muscles but also great
for insect bites, etc.
http://www.tigerbalm.co.uk/intro.html

I bet it's the menthol that drives Vino crazy.

Yep, I agree---before I read the previous post, I was gonna say it must have
some sort of mint in it. Catnip is in the mint family, so mint really drives
'em wild, too. My cats steal peppermints out of my purse from time to time,
but you should see what a nice tin of Altoids does to them! They both just
lie there all slobbery -jowled and googly-eyed just hugging the tin and
dreaming of...........whatever cats dream of. Until Mother takes the tin away.
(at risk of a good thrashing of the claws. How dare I take away her Altoids!?)