OT purr request & checking in

Old August 19th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

Default OT purr request & checking in

Hi,
Sorry I've been AWOL. I've had a lot of family drama lately, life and
death stuff, and have been pretty much emotionally wiped out.
I've lurked some, but have been busy trying to keep up with real life
and not posting.

On the good news side, we have started building our new house and we
should be in before the end of the year. Rosie & Cinder are doing
fine and will love the new place.

My purr request is for Jim. He's had some abdominal pain that has
gotten worse. The doctor sent him for an ultrasound this morning.
The results say he has a bladder stone. Because of his blood thinner
medication, he is limited on what pain medication he can take. Could
he please have some purrs that it will pass soon and without
complications?

And, of course, we continue to send purrs and prayers to everyone in
this group, expecially our Florida members today with Tropical Storm
Fay passing over.

When things are settled, I'll post more often.

Annie
Old August 19th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
[...]

Annie, lithotripsies now-a-days are *very* easy - they do them on an
out-patient basis and don't even have to put you to sleep. I know with his
blood thinners this may be counter-indicated because there *is* some
bruising still (not nearly as bad as it used to be in the old days where
they immersed you in a tub of water). But if he is in a lot of pain he
might want to consider it.

Lots and lots of purrs heading your way.

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 19th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

On Aug 19, 2:19*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Lori,
I'll pass on this information to Jim. I know what you mean by "easy,"
as opposed to complicated. The doctor probably would agree, but I'll
bet the patient would beg to differ, especially about the bruising
part (small grin).

Annie
Old August 19th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

No, that's from the patient's point of view (mine). I've had both - two of
them back in the 80's when they knocked you out and put you in a tub of
water and shot sound waves somewhere in the vicinity of your kidneys. I
ended up with bruises the size of softballs on my back and it *hurt*.

But the last one I had they put my on an x-ray table that had a little "dip"
in the middle that held water. The sound wave machine was about the size of
an x-ray machine and it was targeted so precisely (both width and *depth*)
that I couldn't even see a bruise on the outside. It's primarily any
bruising on the inside (if any - I don't know because I didn't feel any
pain) that I was concerned about for Jim. The new type of lithotripsies
really are painless. I was in and out in about 2 hours and went back to
work the next day!

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 19th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Annie Wxill wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs on the way for Jim.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 19th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

On Aug 19, 2:32*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

On Aug 19, 2:19 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

Annie, lithotripsies now-a-days are *very* easy - they do them on an
out-patient basis and don't even have to put you to sleep. ...
Chin Skritches,

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Lori,
I'll pass on this information to Jim. *I know what you mean by "easy,"
as opposed to complicated. *The doctor probably would agree, but I'll
bet the patient would beg to differ, especially about the bruising
part (small grin).

Annie

...*The new type of lithotripsies
really are painless. *I was in and out in about 2 hours and went back to
work the next day!

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped- Hide quoted text -

That is encouraging, but I Googled lithotripsies and found it was for
kidney stones. His is (are) in his bladder.
I guess it either passes or the patient gets a cystolitholoapaxy. I'm
gratefull that it is something simple when it could have been
something much worse.
Thanks,
Annie
Old August 19th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

Well, have him ask anyway - mine had moved from my kidney when they did the
last one and they just moved the focus of the machine. Not pushing, or
anything, but I know how painful stones can be and *anything* that could
help get rid of the pain is worth looking into.

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 19th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Annie Wxill wrote:

My purr request is for Jim. He's had some abdominal pain that has
gotten worse. The doctor sent him for an ultrasound this morning.
The results say he has a bladder stone. Because of his blood thinner
medication, he is limited on what pain medication he can take. Could
he please have some purrs that it will pass soon and without
complications?

Ugh, I certainly don't envy him, having to endure that without adequate
pain meds. Purrs for it to slip out fast!

Nice to hear from you again. And congrats on starting your new house!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 20th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

[...]

If he passes the stone in a day or two, fine. If not really press for
them to do something about it. Lithotripsy or something.

There is really no way to explain to a doctor how painful those stones
are. And they aren't all the same. Some are merely excruciating
while other are far worse than that.

I'd think the would be anxious to get them broken up and gone before
they can cause bleeding what with the blood thinners.

Lots of purrs on the way.

I know they say 'this too shall pass' but the process can be terrible.

Jo

Old August 20th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
Hi,
Sorry I've been AWOL. I've had a lot of family drama lately, life and
death stuff, and have been pretty much emotionally wiped out.
I've lurked some, but have been busy trying to keep up with real life
and not posting.

On the good news side, we have started building our new house and we
should be in before the end of the year. Rosie & Cinder are doing
fine and will love the new place.

My purr request is for Jim. He's had some abdominal pain that has
gotten worse. The doctor sent him for an ultrasound this morning.
The results say he has a bladder stone. Because of his blood thinner
medication, he is limited on what pain medication he can take. Could
he please have some purrs that it will pass soon and without
complications?

Purrs and well wishes for Jim indeed. I'm happy about the new house, bet
Rosie and Cinder have everything under paw for it to all go smoothly.
Please keep us informed and please accept some purrs and well wishes for
yourself.

Pam S.

A PURR REQUEST Matthew Cat anecdotes 9 February 13th 07 12:31 AM
Purr request shirley Cat anecdotes 21 October 24th 06 01:58 AM
Purr request Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 82 October 10th 06 09:57 PM
purr request Rrb Cat anecdotes 22 November 14th 04 10:52 PM
Purr request Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 45 October 31st 04 01:02 PM