extra large litterbox liners?

Old March 6th 05, 09:24 AM
Meghan Noecker

Default extra large litterbox liners?

I'm looking for sume super jumbo litterbox liners.

The largest I have found are 36" long, and that's a tad too short for
the box I am using. I have been able to make them work with duct tape,
but I would rather finda better liner.

The litterbox is actually an old baby bath. I got it for Jay Jay since
he is such a long cat. He actually uses both the large and the small
box. But the other cats have really taken to the larger box too. I can
fill teh litter deeper, so it's easier to scoop too. So, we all love
the new box, but the liners could use some work.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old March 6th 05, 02:08 PM
Magic Mood Jeep

Meghan Noecker wrote:
I'm looking for sume super jumbo litterbox liners.

The largest I have found are 36" long, and that's a tad too short for
the box I am using. I have been able to make them work with duct tape,
but I would rather finda better liner.

The litterbox is actually an old baby bath. I got it for Jay Jay since
he is such a long cat. He actually uses both the large and the small
box. But the other cats have really taken to the larger box too. I can
fill teh litter deeper, so it's easier to scoop too. So, we all love
the new box, but the liners could use some work.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
http://www.zoocrewphoto.com

Try trash bags. We've used them in the past when we've ran out of regular
liner/bags.

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too) email me at

Old March 6th 05, 08:41 PM

Thanks. I hadn't considered trash bags because they would have to lay
flat and seemed like it would be a mess to dump it into something else,
but I never thought of using them that way. Sounds great! And much
cheaper than regular liners.

Old March 7th 05, 02:21 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:36:24 -0500, PawsForThought
wrote:

Thanks. I hadn't considered trash bags because they would have to lay
flat and seemed like it would be a mess to dump it into something else,
but I never thought of using them that way. Sounds great! And much
cheaper than regular liners.

I don't know whether or not you have an Aco Hardware near you, but they
carry a roll of the extra heavy duty garbage bags for something like $6
and I think there's 50 on a roll. If the garbage bags you use aren't
real thick, you can double them. We double them because one of our
cats likes to dig - a lot.

I think I will double the ones I have. If that works well, then it
will be cheap and easy. If not, I will check out the heavy duty bags.

Chase loves to dig to china - one reason I usually keep it really
full. Kira prefers to wipe the walls rather than dig. And Jay Jay
covers urine, but makes no effort to cover poop. At least it has been
easy to check his progress when he went through the diarrhea, then 3
days of nothing, and back to poop.

And I finally determined which food bothers him. Of course, it is
Chase's favorite food. But Jay Jay will not eat at the downstairs
feeding station, so I will just keep it there for Chase.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography