Cat peeing all over house

Old September 15th 03, 07:20 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Default Cat peeing all over house

Simons Mom wrote:
I have a 7 year old female DSH cat. She has suddenly taken to peeing
outside of her litter box and all over my carpet. She pees on shoes she
pees just outside the door of her litter box she peed on my purse that
was laying on the floor and to be honest I am really tired of this. We
just moved into our home a month ago and it stinks now. I need some
advise on how to get rid of the smell. I tried to steam clean and it
seemed to make it worse. I know stress can cause this and I am hoping
this is just a phase but if it keeps up I may have to take drastic
measures. We just added another cat to our home a few weeks back but he
stays in another part of the house and they never see each other. I am
more worried about how to get rid of the smell than anything
else....thanks

First step would be to take the kitty to the vet - sudden changes in
behavior like that are often signs of a medical problem. Urinary tract
infections are a very common cause of inappropriate peeing, can be VERY
uncomfortable for the kitty, and are easily treated with oral antibiotics.

If the vet doesn't find anything wrong, then I'd suggest 2 things.
First, pick up some Feliway spray and a couple of Feliway diffusers,
Even through the cats don't encounter each other, it's entirely possible
that they're aware of each other. That's all it would take to introduce
behavioral stress and cause changes in bahavior.

Then I'd recommend picking up a big jug of "Nature's Miracle". It's an
enzyme-based cleaner, it's pretty inexpensive, and it works wonders on
removing pet smells.

Old September 16th 03, 12:04 AM
Fred Williams

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:

Simons Mom wrote:
[...]

All of the above,... seconded. Don't forget to show the cat lots of
love and affection, (even more than usual). It's probably the stress
of moving, but do the trip to the vet, just in case.

--
Regards
Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please
Old September 16th 03, 03:09 AM
Stephanie Serba

I had the same problem with both my girls. Is your cat fixed? If not, get her fixed right away. Believe it or not, females will mark territory just like males. But they squat rather than spray. If she IS fixed, get her to the vet to eliminate any medical problems.

--
Mandy, Missey and Sam III
The Karamel Koloured Kat Kollection
"Simons Mom" wrote in message ...
I have a 7 year old female DSH cat. She has suddenly taken to peeing
outside of her litter box and all over my carpet. She pees on shoes she
pees just outside the door of her litter box she peed on my purse that
was laying on the floor and to be honest I am really tired of this. We
just moved into our home a month ago and it stinks now. I need some
advise on how to get rid of the smell. I tried to steam clean and it
seemed to make it worse. I know stress can cause this and I am hoping
this is just a phase but if it keeps up I may have to take drastic
measures. We just added another cat to our home a few weeks back but he
stays in another part of the house and they never see each other. I am
more worried about how to get rid of the smell than anything
else....thanks
Shannon

Shannon

Mom to